Jez

so SOldado now he is gone he must be regarded as one of biggest flops in Premier League history. His goal record was worse than Shevchenko

They could have had Benteke that summer for the same price. :lol:

Remember him scoring against us. One of the very few open play goals he scored.

Why is it always these out of form donkeys score against us?

It isn't, it just feels that way sometimes.

Edited by Mantis

Interesting to see Mancini saying they had to sell Shaquiri and Kovacic because of FFP.

Doesn't seem to be bothering Man City that much this summer, looking at spending another £100m on two players on top of what they've already spent.

Also what happened to the QPR FFP dealt with getting relegated!

I realise calling FIFA a farce is ridiculous in itself but honestly what is the point of having some rules in place that some clubs follow and others don't?

Maybe we should field twelve players in the next game

Manchester City have some absolutely monstrous sponsorship deals on the books. They have also shown their willingness to fight these "rules" through the courts.

The sooner they do that and bring the whole charade to an end the better for all of us. FFP is a sick joke and its interesting to see that it's the big clubs, those that benefit most, are the ones attempting to tear it down.

I wish them all the best.

• Like 2

Manchester City have some absolutely monstrous sponsorship deals on the books. They have also shown their willingness to fight these "rules" through the courts.

The sooner they do that and bring the whole charade to an end the better for all of us. FFP is a sick joke and its interesting to see that it's the big clubs, those that benefit most, are the ones attempting to tear it down.

I'm not sure I agree that its the big clubs that benefit most from it.

I think Man City would be way out of sight without it. Especially last year before the relaxation of the rules.

Well, the clever people on here who looked at our books when they were published seemed to think we could spend, as a club, 18-20m without dipping into Lerner's pockets. 

If we can spend that, without even running at a loss that year, then surely FFP can't prevent that? I thought the point of FFP was to stop clubs spending 30-40m outside their means and hitting financial trouble. Or at least, that's the way the idea the sold.

I'm not sure I agree that its the big clubs that benefit most from it.

I think Man City would be way out of sight without it. Especially last year before the relaxation of the rules.

It benefits the clubs that make the most money, Man City don't like it because they only make their big money by arranging dubious sponsorship deals, including paying themselves.

The other lot seem to dislike it because it makes it hard and a hassle to compete with each other but it's the difference between first and 5th. The status quo will be maintained by FFP but none of them want to be the worst of the 'elite'. The English clubs ask probably believe that without it they could bully the rest of Europe even more and the Champions League is what they all want.

I see QPR are quoting Benteke as the going value for strikers now as they are rejecting bids for Austin

Playing a dangerous game. He only has one year on his contract. They have turned down £12m and are holding out for £15m. Come January that will be down to £5m max.

I see QPR are quoting Benteke as the going value for strikers now as they are rejecting bids for Austin

Playing a dangerous game. He only has one year on his contract. They have turned down £12m and are holding out for £15m. Come January that will be down to £5m max.

true but come deadline day somebody struggling to score goals like Spurs or West Brom will panic and pay it

If not dn he gets 15 goals by January then it could be good for QPR in long run

FFP is a sick joke and its interesting to see that it's the big clubs, those that benefit most, are the ones attempting to tear it down.

Which clubs that benefit from it are attempting to 'tear it down'?

Interesting to see Mancini saying they had to sell Shaquiri and Kovacic because of FFP.

Doesn't seem to be bothering Man City that much this summer, looking at spending another £100m on two players on top of what they've already spent.

Also what happened to the QPR FFP dealt with getting relegated!

I realise calling FIFA a farce is ridiculous in itself but honestly what is the point of having some rules in place that some clubs follow and others don't?

Maybe we should field twelve players in the next game

FFP is the making of UEFA not FIFA. Not that that matters to your point. 

I still cant believe that Stones is going to go for somewhere in the region of 35-40m...Good player, but that is just beyond mind boggling.

its the cost of Chelsea's current malaise and Jose's desperation

He's got fitness issues too. He's suffered three dislocated shoulder injuries and failed a medical at Hull before signing for QPR. Clubs will obviously be interested in a guy with his scoring record but not at the prices QPR are asking given his contract situation and injury record.

I still cant believe that Stones is going to go for somewhere in the region of 35-40m...Good player, but that is just beyond mind boggling.

its the cost of Chelsea's current malaise and Jose's desperation

I'll be annoyed if the Stones deal goes through, as that money will be very useful to Everton. At the weekend Lukaku was in proper beast mode, but thus far he's not been consistent with it. Until he grabbed Everton up by their scruff, they looked pretty average.

An extra £30m + will improve them no end.