Jez

Bournemouth sign Gradel....amazing transfer for them, coup really.

31 games 17 goals in Ligue 1 last year. Wilson as striker and him and Atsu is as pacey as you can get...they should not struggle to get goals ^^

Bournemouth sign Gradel....amazing transfer for them, coup really.

31 games 17 goals in Ligue 1 last year. Wilson as striker and him and Atsu is as pacey as you can get...they should not struggle to get goals ^^

Max Gradel got 17 goals in the league last year?

**** hell, I am a bit worried about our transfer dealings now if he can bang them in Ligue 1.

They need a LB and I assume a few more English players, but still would be a huge surprise.

Funny to watch Spurs get picked over though.

The premium on English full back's is going through the roof at the moment because in general your full back can play every game and just needs to be solid and not a difference maker. They are the ideal "home grown" player to have in your team of mercenaries. E.G. John Stones / Luke Shaw / N. Clyne.

stones wouldnt be a mercenary, terry has a year left in him at best, he might be a bit part player next season but at the same time he'd benefit from a year alongside terry in the same way that cahill has developed alongside terry, then you throw in what jose will teach him in comparison to what martinez coaches his defenders, its an absolute no brainer for the lad

• Like 1

Spurs won't sell Rose for £15m if the Chelsea bid is correct, he's much better than given credit to. 

People haven't caught up with his development, he was the best player at a Premier League club like Sunderland when on loan there, 

and back at Spurs he was the third best player (only behind Kane and Lloris, some will argue Bentaleb as well) last season with the team that finished 5th in the league.

They need a LB and I assume a few more English players, but still would be a huge surprise.

Funny to watch Spurs get picked over though.

The premium on English full back's is going through the roof at the moment because in general your full back can play every game and just needs to be solid and not a difference maker. They are the ideal "home grown" player to have in your team of mercenaries. E.G. John Stones / Luke Shaw / N. Clyne.

I've seen data before that shows full-back is more or less one of the most important positions on the pitch. Full backs now run a huge amount more than they did even fifteen years ago, often more than anyone else. The ideal 'home-grown mercenary' is a backup goalkeeper.