Jez

I can't believe Sadio Mane is still at Salzburg, instrumental in them winning the bundesliga and their Europa league campaign.

Their a great team but he is much better than that league.

really wouldnt call Red Bull a great team

They've spent money to get a squad far beyond the usual standard of the austrian league.

Won all 6 games in the group stage of Europa League last season and followed up with sending Ajax out of the competition.

Lost narrowly to another quality team in Basel.

Mane, Kempl, Alan and Soriano are all exciting players making them a dangerous team going forward.

I'd say they are on level with the mid table Premier League teams like Swansea and Southampton - of course what makes a team a great team is up for discussion

Im sorry but that was surreal to read. Midtable Premiership? They got knocked out of Champions League by Malmo FF and the swedish league is really crap. One of Malmos best players is Markus Rosenberg.

• Like 3

The last thing United need is a striker, they have Welbeck, Rooney and Van Persie. Not to mention Wilson who they seem to think can make it as a top level striker.

They need a right sided centre back.

RVP might be injured and Welbeck could be on his way out so a one year loan deal makes a lot of sense really.

Edited by PaulC

They've lost the plot.

Telegraph Football ‏@TeleFootball 5m

Radamel Falcao to earn £346,000 per week as Manchester United pay £24m for season-long loan

I don't even know what to say to this...

It's outrageous, I'd rather like him to get a serious injury in his first match and saddle United with that wage bill.

They've lost the plot.

Radamel Falcao to earn £346,000 per week as Manchester United pay £24m for season-long loan

United will pay something like 6M + half of his wages.

Of course, if they pay something like 150k-a-week + the loan fee it's 15M for a year - which is still quite the sum. But Falcao is quite the player isn't he?

In no way will they pay a 24M loan fee + 350k-a-week wages, but I guess you chose to believe that just to say it out loud?

They've lost the plot.

United will pay something like 6M + half of his wages.

Of course, if they pay something like 150k-a-week + the loan fee it's 15M for a year - which is still quite the sum. But Falcao is quite the player isn't he?

In no way will they pay a 24M loan fee + 350k-a-week wages, but I guess you chose to believe that just to say it out loud?

Reports are that they are paying his full wages of £346k pw, plus an £8m loan fee. Edited by mikeyp102

£350k a week? Where is football going? There is going to be a huge burst at some point in time

Yep, I get the feeling it will be sooner rather than later.

it wont though

in the last couple of years utd have agreed - 

adidas - £75m per year

chevrolet - £47m per year

nissin (official instant noodle partner) - £9m per year

aeroflot (official flight partner) - £6m per year

AON (training ground and kit) - £16m per year

Epson (official office equipment supplier) - £1m a year

Aperol (official spirits partner) - £1m per year

Bulova (official timekeeper) - £1m per year

BWIN (official betting partner) - £2.5m per year

Singha (official beer partner) - £2m per year

Thomas Cook (official travel partner) - £1.5m per year

DHL (official logistics partner) - £10m per year

Casillero del diablo (official wine partner) - £2m per year

they also have mr potato as their "official snack partner" smirnoff as their "official drink responsibly partner" toshiba medical supplies "official medical supplies partner" honda as "official motorbike partner" tyre partners, official soft drink partners in japan and china, an official japanese paint partner and 14 mobile deals around the world, id seen the goal alert text service in Vietnam is worth £2m a year to them...

then you add in the tv money, the prize money, usually the CL money, the global merchandise and the match day income

man utd are a money making machine