The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

BVB have been lucky in the last few games, the infamous Leverkusen game and last week's dodgy straight red against Damstadt. They're playing some cracking football mind, Tuchel is doing a great job. I'd love them to beat Bayern, with or without luck!

23 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Dortmund say hello. ;)

Says a lot when Bayern 'only' being five points clear is somehow tight.  They stuffed Dortmund 5-1 earlier in the season and they will still win the league comfortably.  

45 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Says a lot when Bayern 'only' being five points clear is somehow tight.  They stuffed Dortmund 5-1 earlier in the season and they will still win the league comfortably.  

Well yes, but that was pretty early in Tuchel's tenure but they are unbeaten in the Bundesliga since the winter break. I'm not saying Dortmund will win, but it will be a far closer game than the one at Bayern at the start of October. Well at least I hope it is.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Bundesliga clubs call for re-distribution of TV money

Bundesliga clubs call for redistribution of TV money

Six Bundesliga clubs have banded together to call for a change in how revenue from the sale of television rights is distributed. They argue that a team's marketing potential should be taken into account.

Fußball Bundesliga Bayer Leverkusen vs VfB Stuttgart

VfB Stuttgart posted a statement online on Wednesday that said they had been joined by Hertha Berlin, Werder Bremen, Eintracht Frankfurt, Hamburg and Cologne in the group calling for change.

As things stand, TV money comprises one even payment to all clubs and then prize money paid according to where their position in the standings of Germany's top two leagues.

"The league position is only one criterion of several that play a role in determining how attractive a game is for fans and television channels," Stuttgart President Bernd Wahler said.

"We need a third column. Whoever increases the value of our communal Bundesliga product, because they have many fans and a lot of public interest, should be considered in the division of the income."

The six clubs involved all have large followings but haven’t enjoyed much success of late. Other clubs like Wolfsburg and Bayer Leverkusen have fewer fans but large corporate backing which has helped them qualify for the Champions League. Both sides were in this year’s competition.

The clubs intend to make proposals which could alter the distribution of cash from the next television deal, which is to come take effect in 2017.

Or as I read it : "We've been shit for a while, but we'd like to monetise our past, please".

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Crazy. There was one point, around the end of February where they were 1 up at home to Hannover and wouldve been 5 points off the champions league spots. Ended up losing and been in free fall ever since. Why are all the clubs i like **** shite?

Watched Hertha Berlin Vs Darmstadt last Saturday, absolutely cracking atmosphere (61k there).

Berlin lost 2-1 with Wagner (who Hertha sold last summer after 7 goals in 71 apps) scoring the winner on the 85th minute.  He went absolutely mental, antagonizing the "Ostkurve" fans enough to get him a yellow.

By 88 minutes he'd been sent off after a lunge on a Hertha player in the middle of no where :lol:

The game had everything.  Hertha needed to win to stay with a chance of 4th place, but Mochengladbach won at Leverkusen, which dented that hope to all but 0.

The quality was quite poor to be honest, loads of space in the middle of the park, not much technical quality, but very neat.

Yes what a massive goal that was from Djibouli or whatever he's called who's generally been awful for them but all will be forgiven as Bremen survive by skin of their teeth and Frankfurt go into the relegation play offs. 

I'm surprise Utah hasn't done much there as he was good at Cologne. One season wonder?

• 4 months later...
Â