The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

Decent win for Dortmund tonight, though Freiburg were always in it until Guerreiro grabbed the 3rd late on.

I have to say though that BVB have 3 of the most exciting youngsters in the Bundesliga at the moment in Mor, Pulisic and Dembele, the latter in particular is incredibly talented.

I give it 2 seasons before all 3 are playing for Bayern. 

• 4 weeks later...

OK I know it's still early days buy I am beginning to get a teency weency bit concerned for Kaiserslautern's prospects in the league this season.  We seem to be quite easy to beat and a relegation struggle looks to be on the cards :(

Red Bull win again, 2 points behind Bayern at moment. Red Bull and Hoffenheim unbeaten so far it must kill German football fans since they are 2 corporate teams

though I hate saying it I do like Red Bull transfer policy :puke:

Amazing looking at the table....Hamburg, Wolfsburg, Schalke and Bremen all in the bottom 6.

This has to be the season Hamburg goes surely and not before time tbh....they have been a mixture of us and Sunderland last 5 seasons. Bremen have been on the decline for years but I have the feeling they'll survive as they've come back from a few losing positions already and have a class player in Gnarby.

Schalke will pick up aswell....they have a really good squad so baffled why they're even down there.

Wolfsburg have had the biggest decline...two years ago they were 2nd and even after losing De Bruyne and Bas Dost they still have a decent squad on paper....Ricardo Rodriguez Draxler and Mario Gomez. Can only be a motivation issue with them.

At least one of them will go down, maybe two.

On 10/24/2016 at 17:29, VillaChris said:

Amazing looking at the table....Hamburg, Wolfsburg, Schalke and Bremen all in the bottom 6.

This has to be the season Hamburg goes surely and not before time tbh....they have been a mixture of us and Sunderland last 5 seasons. Bremen have been on the decline for years but I have the feeling they'll survive as they've come back from a few losing positions already and have a class player in Gnarby.

Schalke will pick up aswell....they have a really good squad so baffled why they're even down there.

Wolfsburg have had the biggest decline...two years ago they were 2nd and even after losing De Bruyne and Bas Dost they still have a decent squad on paper....Ricardo Rodriguez Draxler and Mario Gomez. Can only be a motivation issue with them.

At least one of them will go down, maybe two.

Schalke have finally got a decent coach and a sporting director who knows what they are doing, the issue is they have an ageing squad which they are trying to correct. They will get in to Europe again this year, but I doubt it will be the Champions League, wouldn't be surprised to see Huntelaar go back to Holland in January his time is up in Germany unless he can find a way out of first gear. Again their season has been blighted by injuries, e.g. Embolo out for the season and Coke the new RB did his ligaments on his debut in a friendly. I do have high hopes for the season though :)

I think Hamburg will be in the relegation playoffs again and wouldn't be surprised if Bremen join them, there is way too much quality in the Wolfsburg and Schalke team to be considered for relegation.

• Like 3

Big weekend in German football as its the Ruhr Derby of Dortmund (fanboys rejoice) against Schalke, can't see my beloved boys in Royal Blue getting anything from the game, but hope they do to stick one up the yellow wall. These games are incredible for atmosphere, and if you get the chance to watch on BT then you should, pure hatred from the fans and should be some good choreo 

3 hours ago, steve1986 said:

Big weekend in German football as its the Ruhr Derby of Dortmund (fanboys rejoice) against Schalke, can't see my beloved boys in Royal Blue getting anything from the game, but hope they do to stick one up the yellow wall. These games are incredible for atmosphere, and if you get the chance to watch on BT then you should, pure hatred from the fans and should be some good choreo 

It's even better when your there, I have been to one :)

I think the whole Dortmund thing is overplayed, there are apparently over 2,000 British people in the stands at every home game they have (apart from today). I would find another team which have a good home stand like BMGB/Schalke/Koln/Hamburg and go there. 

No hate Hamburg....it's time they went to Bundesliga 2 as they're the German Sunderland/Villa rolled into one last 5 years.

Always liked 'Gladbach and pretty good ground so might look in that.

I'm not some Dortmund fanboy although I think Tuchel is brilliant but just that massive terrace they have behind the goal is just an impressive sight when it's full and full of yellow.

Gladbach's stadium is fantastic, really enjoyed going there. Hamburg are the equivalent to Villa etc but home support is still great. We went to Frankfurt last season the Commerzbank was brilliant too.

Essentially, you get great atmosphere everywhere in Germany, I have a mate who was in the wall for a game against Bayern and he said the experiences at Gladbach, Frankfurt and Schalke were better.

• Like 2

Only been to a game in Frankfurt. Good atmosphere, I was not in the terrace, Going to do more german games with both Schalke and Dortmund on the list.

Looking forward to tonights game. Could be very good.

Â