The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

On 19/11/2016 at 17:50, sne said:

Watching Dortmund - Bayern on the telly now.

Don't think any other game in the world comes close to this for pure entertainment and quality when both teams are on form.

Especially since the El Clasico has descended into an orgy of diving, arguing and complaining in recent years.

I'd have loved to see the game, and it was on BT Sport 2, but it seems that legally every television in Ireland had to show the New Zealand rugby friendly instead :rant:

• Like 3

20 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Pep really made them into a relentless machine....until they reached the semi finals.

not really true though is it. Guardiola won 1 away game in knockout stage in 3 seasons at Bayern and that was vs Arsenal. including draws with Benfica, Shakhtar, a David Moyes United and defeat to Porto

Edited by Zatman

14 minutes ago, BOF said:

Yep. I know Bayern have a game in hand and there's a long way to go but it just looks weird being 6pts behind Leipzig at this stage :)

normally I would smile but not for scummy Red Bull

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Zatman said:

normally I would smile but not for scummy Red Bull

I agree but just in the context of Bayern being beaten by money. And in Leipzig's defence they haven't spent vast sums yet. I'd be interested to know how much their first choice team costs.  Werner was their record signing at the time this summer at €10m.

4 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Its Red Bull against Audi and Adidas. Bayern are rocket polishers. Hope Leipzig beats them.

I find it more curious that one of the most evil companies on the planet get a very easy ride by football fans too.  Bayer. Which is completely separate from the fact that they're one of two 50+1 exceptions in the Bundesliga, also making them football-evil :)

12 minutes ago, BOF said:

I find it more curious that one of the most evil companies on the planet get a very easy ride by football fans too.  Bayer. Which is completely separate from the fact that they're one of two 50+1 exceptions in the Bundesliga, also making them football-evil :)

Last friday their fans attacked Leipzigs bus. Talk about not knowing what they themselves are. I like the German system for fans and so on but there is corporate sponsorship that influence the game too much even there.

12 hours ago, sne said:

For some reason, of all the apex clubs in Europe, Bayern Munich is the club I despise the least

I probably hate Barca more as a club, but I think Bayern pretty much set the standard for ruining football. 

Just now, kurtsimonw said:

I probably hate Barca more as a club, but I think Bayern pretty much set the standard for ruining football. 

Haha yeah, probably.

Totally agree on Barca thou, can't stand those pious hypocrites and their fans who are as a big a bell ends as Plop fans.

12 hours ago, BOF said:

they knocked out United and Liverpool in same Champions League season and now Spurs this season so they get a pass for me ;)

• Like 1

Â