The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

Dortmund starting Dembele and Pulisic is just....:wub:.....sorry Steve. :lol:

Schalke team isn't that OAP....got Meyer and Geis both starting and Bentaleb on loan all under 23. Have the first two not progressed as expected.

Surprised Choupo-Moting is benched...surely better than Di Santo especially for an away game.

Franco played very well last weekend, so I guess he deserves a start. Meyer plays incredibly well for the national team (under 23's) but has been a myth really for Schalke, and Geis started very well last year, then got the 5 game ban for his horror tackle on Andre Hahn (I think) and hasn't been the same player since.

Good start this, just wish Schalke had a proper striker in there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steve1986 said:

Not to show off but I have been to the past 3 at the Veltins Arena :)

Nice, I have been to Dortmund, Bayern (old and new) and Koln so far. I would like to go back to another Bundesliga game. They are great :-)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

No hate Hamburg....it's time they went to Bundesliga 2 as they're the German Sunderland/Villa rolled into one last 5 years.

how can you hate them? only german team to never be relegated

On 10/29/2016 at 20:02, KHV said:

Nice, I have been to Dortmund, Bayern (old and new) and Koln so far. I would like to go back to another Bundesliga game. They are great :-)

Been To Veltins Arena, Allianz Arena, Borussia Park, Westfalstadion, Commerzbank Arena, Esprit Arena, Bochum's Stadium ( great evening game!), Volkswagen Arena, Volksparkstadion.

I am doing alright in Germany...not obsessed much 

im trying to do a stag do in cologne next year and will be after around 20 tickets for a game within about an hour of the city (so about 7 teams to pick from i think) already contacted dortmund who were very polite in saying not a chance, who do you think is likely to say yes? obviously without the fixtures being announced yet

and schalke also have goretzka, nastastic who i thought was ok at man city and avdijaj who is a wonderkid on FM, was thinking about them yesterday (whilst playing and bidding £80m for julian brandt...) they do unsurprisingly have another crop looking good on paper, have they been playing this year? as well as werner, tah, sule, gerhardt, oztunali, stark, henrichs, gnarby

bastards

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

im trying to do a stag do in cologne next year and will be after around 20 tickets for a game within about an hour of the city (so about 7 teams to pick from i think) already contacted dortmund who were very polite in saying not a chance, who do you think is likely to say yes? obviously without the fixtures being announced yet

and schalke also have goretzka, nastastic who i thought was ok at man city and avdijaj who is a wonderkid on FM, was thinking about them yesterday (whilst playing and bidding £80m for julian brandt...) they do unsurprisingly have another crop looking good on paper, have they been playing this year? as well as werner, tah, sule, gerhardt, oztunali, stark, henrichs, gnarby

bastards

It depends what game you are wanting to see, Koln are the least useful team going in terms of contact even Dortmund who at least reply politely with their 'no chance mate' kind of answer. I would look at staying in Koln, but going to Leverkusen, you won't struggle to get tickets for them at home (I wouldn't imagine anyway) and it is about 15 minutes on the train if that.

Goretzka = always injured

Nastastic = Coming back from a 13 month lay off.

Avdjaj = FM hero, but never played for the first team.

Schalke started slowly, but the BL is quite competitive this year in terms of teams beating each other, but the title might as well be given to Bayern already as Dortmund have been terrible since they lost to RBL. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I love him as a manager but Bayern much more complacent in the league with Carlo in charge and already dropping silly points at home.

Shame Dortmund have lost fire as they could really be challenging for the league.

I love the man, and he's a great Champions League manager (which I'm guessing is why Bayern picked him up) but his record in the league is very poor IMO.

It's what, about 18 years at Juventus/Milan/Chelsea/Madrid/PSG and he has 3 league titles?

On 31/10/2016 at 16:51, villa4europe said:

bastards

Check out www.footballroadtrips.co.uk. Or PM me. 

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 1

Leipzig unbeaten and joint top, they play great football, all out attack, but seem fairly comfortable at the back. As much as I despise them for how they have achieved their success, you can't knock the football they play. Amazed to see Hoffenheim are unbeaten too, they've been circling the drain for the past couple of seasons but the youngest manager in the league has given them a points haul in the past 6 months which is one of the best in Europe. 

Either way it's good to see Franco Di Santo didn't last too long in the Schalke starting line up, replaced by Chupo Moting today.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Check out www.footballroadtrips.co.uk. Or PM me. 

I have seen your things on Facebook, great money maker on some good trips, what do you do if the game you say you're going to gets moved though, as we have had that happen to us before and we have just missed the games (e.g. they clashed).

8 minutes ago, steve1986 said:

Either way it's good to see Franco Di Santo didn't last too long in the Schalke starting line up, replaced by Chupo Moting today.

still baffling how he ended up at Schalke

Â