The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

Well f**k that f**king waste of a f**king season. Threw it away. Could've pissed 2nd if we hadn't thrown it away in the last month.

We were sniffing around the sacked RB Leipzig manager around late Feb/early March but Dutt stuck with Stevens in the end. Think there may well be a change though.

Well, that didn't take long. Stevens gone...

Huub Stevens did a miraculous survival job which he deserves credit but think that's a correct decision as at his age he's not a long term option, his best work came at Schalke in the mid 90s.

Just don't give Robin Dutt the job, the bloke's been found out big time as a manager and would've relegated Bremen.

• Like 1

The manager I wanted at Schalke has long gone to Dortmund which is disappointing, big talk about former legend Marc Wilmots going there, but question is whether he would leave Belgium the year before the Euro Championships.

As I've no attachment to Karlsruhe I'd rather see Hamburg stay up even though I don't like the idea of a team being denied promotion. I'd rather Hamburg keep their unique Bundesliga claim of never having been relegated.

I think Villa is probably the fairer comparison, though Hamburg's fan base is obviously larger.

Djourou baffles me. He has all the physical attributes to be a great player but just makes too many mistakes.

Had no team in the play-off and doesnt bother me who stays up. Hamburg have a great record and be horrible see it break but I like Karlsruhe who were good in the early 90s until surprise surprise Bayern ripped them apart and they havent recovered since

If the away goal does count double if level, then it should suit Karlsruhe as they can play on the counter. They are good at doing that, just fall down when they have to break teams down. I remember the 4-1 win they had at Ingolsdtadt.

Hamburg just played like they have all season, lots of build up and sloppy passing but just nothing in the final third despite people like Olic and Holtby in that area. Lewis Holtby just looks really poor nowadays.

Still wouldn't rule them out but 0-0 takes Kalsruher through so they're in a decent position now.

Â