The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

15 hours ago, steve1986 said:

I have seen your things on Facebook, great money maker on some good trips, what do you do if the game you say you're going to gets moved though, as we have had that happen to us before and we have just missed the games (e.g. they clashed).

The margins are actually not as good as you may think as the vehicles we use are 120 grand Mercedes Sprinters and the hotels are 3 and 4 star. in addition, we have to pay the guides and the match tickets are always seated together so we pay a premium. We have just signed a 3 year contract with Ajax and another with Leverkusen in fact. 

Regarding fixtures moving, as you may have seen, we go to two fixtures and 3 countries in the same weekend. So, we have an A game and a B game. If the A game gets moved then we do the same trip in a different order and we choose a different B game. So instead of going to Bruges, Dusseldorf and then Amsterdam it'd be Bruges Amsterdam and THEN Dusseldorf. (we don't stay in Dortmund as Dusseldorf is far better to go out in)

We have a solid relationship with the hotels we use so we are able to change dates. 

(For the record, on our Dortmund packages, BvB are ALWAYS our A game. The B game is usually a Dutch or Belgian fixture such as Antwerp or Ajax.)

:)

Edited by One For The Road

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

i think you're going to be too expensive for some on a 20 man stag do, seen your stuff on facebook though and its something the lads i go to the villa with talk about in the car on the way to the villa so one day it'll probably happen

Great stuff. If you ever do decide to book with us PM me and I'll see if we can't give you a cheeky discount. ;)

Still can't grip how Wolfsburg can be this bad.

Yeah they lost Schürrle and had a massive turnover of players, but they still have a good squad.

Interesting to see if Valerien Ismael can get them back on track

12 hours ago, One For The Road said:

The margins are actually not as good as you may think as the vehicles we use are 120 grand Mercedes Sprinters and the hotels are 3 and 4 star. in addition, we have to pay the guides and the match tickets are always seated together so we pay a premium. We have just signed a 3 year contract with Ajax and another with Leverkusen in fact. 

Regarding fixtures moving, as you may have seen, we go to two fixtures and 3 countries in the same weekend. So, we have an A game and a B game. If the A game gets moved then we do the same trip in a different order and we choose a different B game. So instead of going to Bruges, Dusseldorf and then Amsterdam it'd be Bruges Amsterdam and THEN Dusseldorf. (we don't stay in Dortmund as Dusseldorf is far better to go out in)

We have a solid relationship with the hotels we use so we are able to change dates. 

(For the record, on our Dortmund packages, BvB are ALWAYS our A game. The B game is usually a Dutch or Belgian fixture such as Antwerp or Ajax.)

:)

Can't beat a good Youth Hostel on those trips! 

Dusseldorf is a good night out, lots of bars in a small area, prefer Cologne though because of the breweries they have there. The best bar we found for beers in Dusseldorf was Brauerei I'm Fuchschen ,and you can't beat Ham Ham for a meal too.

On 11/7/2016 at 15:30, sne said:

Still can't grip how Wolfsburg can be this bad.

Yeah they lost Schürrle and had a massive turnover of players, but they still have a good squad.

Interesting to see if Valerien Ismael can get them back on track

I thought they were going to be challenging a few years back. Seemed happy to spend big money, bring in promising, young players. Just seems like they've given up.

5 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

I thought they were going to be challenging a few years back. Seemed happy to spend big money, bring in promising, young players. Just seems like they've given up.

Must have at least something to do with the whole Volkswagen emission scandal, as they can no longer pump unlimited amounts of money into the club.

• Like 2

On 11/15/2016 at 21:12, steve1986 said:

Tickets bought for Gladbach v Wolfsburg and Cologne v Leverkusen, roll on December!

I've been to Borussia Park, absolutely brilliant stadium and even better atmosphere. Make sure you get to the ground early, they've just opened the Bitburger beer garden just outside and it looks pretty good! 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Nath182 said:

I've been to Borussia Park, absolutely brilliant stadium and even better atmosphere. Make sure you get to the ground early, they've just opened the Bitburger beer garden just outside and it looks pretty good! 

Yeah we have been before but last time we were seated in the sudkurve, this time we are standing in the nordkurve, so it should be pretty special! Look forward to the beer garden

• Like 1

Watching Dortmund - Bayern on the telly now.

Don't think any other game in the world comes close to this for pure entertainment and quality when both teams are on form.

Especially since the El Clasico has descended into an orgy of diving, arguing and complaining in recent years.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sne said:

Watching Dortmund - Bayern on the telly now.

Don't think any other game in the world comes close to this for pure entertainment and quality when both teams are on form.

Especially since the El Clasico has descended into an orgy of diving, arguing and complaining in recent years.

Great win for Dortmund, first time for a while against Der FCB.

• Like 2

Never trust Ancelotti with the league they said....

Bayern Munich just aren't as ruthless week in week out in the Bundesliga as they were under Pep when they were a machine.

There's certainly an opportunity here for Dortmund if they can get consistency again.

Would be very surprised if RBL aren't in the Champions League next year, they will push Bayern and Dortmund all the way, but the amount of young players I think will eventually tail off. Bayern didn't really strengthen in the summer, whereas lots of their rivals did. I am gutted Schalke started so slowly as they're now unbeaten in 10, and could've challenged for the title. 

19 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Never trust Ancelotti with the league they said....

Bayern Munich just aren't as ruthless week in week out in the Bundesliga as they were under Pep when they were a machine.

There's certainly an opportunity here for Dortmund if they can get consistency again.

I think BVB are still a team in progress at the moment. They have a young side with some cracking talents (Weigl, Dembele, Pulisic) but consistency will be the key.

Bremen back to losing in the last minute....

They actually had grandad Pizzaro and Max Kruse back today so with Gnarby who's been excellent that's probably the best strikeforce in the bottom half but they're just a car crash at the back.

Wouldn't shock me if them and Hamburg are bottom 2....I fancy Ingolstadt to pick up now they've finally won so they could just scrape into the relegation play offs.

Â