The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

All home wins apart from a couple of draws today. Big shock is RBL losing, wonder if the wheels are about to come off, they were very lucky (and completely cheated) their way to victory over Schalke last week. Just over a week til I am there, cannot wait!

On 05/12/2016 at 14:17, Zatman said:

went Leverkusen vs Freiburg at weekend, quality of game was poor but the match going experience really is something different

It's just so much better than over here. Most of our customers want to go to Dortmund but we are trying to convince people that it's not just at Signal Iduna where the experience is top notch. It's everywhere in Germany. Schalke is great and Mönchengladbach is phenomenal. Even Belgium and Holland have good atmospheres and a great match day experience. 

Coming back and going to VP is just a massive step down in terms of the feel of the place and the overall day out.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from another trip to Germany, this time we took in Monchengladbach v Wolfsburg and Koln v Leverkusen. Not surprised to see Schubert go the team had no desire to save his job and were poor. However, Leverkusen seemed to really up it on Wednesday against Koln in the local derby, great end to end game and the atmosphere was incredible. 

• Like 1

On 12/23/2016 at 20:53, VillaChris said:

Max Meyer linked to Spurs for 35m

And they say British players are overpriced.....

Marco Reus probably wouldn't cost much more than that.

Meyer has so much potential, but never performs consistently, I would snap Spurs hands off for that price. Marco Reus would struggle to go for that price with his injury issues, he will never reach his potential, which is a shame.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, PaulC said:

I don't think any other player in world football would have been able to manipulate the ball in such a way to get that goal. Lewandowski is truly a wonderful striker.

I was thinking that it was a Zlatan move. He is getting better all the time Lewandowski.

2 hours ago, a m ole said:

Ugh, lovely goal. Would be great to see him in the Premier League before he starts to decline, he could do some serious damage to the defenders here.

sure he could have been if it wasnt for that volcanic ash ;)

Lewandowski and Steve Kean could have been a double act for the ages

Leipzig with a great response to Bayern starting to pull clear (the early red card was a boost).

RB do remind me a bit of Leicester last season in how relentless they are at home...shame they don't play Bayern at home until right at the end of the season when the title could be all over.

And Keita aswell...bit different to Kante in that he can attack and score but surely destined for one of the major clubs next season.

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

dortmund sign another "wonderkid" this time a swedish kid called alexander isak for £10m, him + mor + dembele + weigl... bayern will have a great team in about 5 years time :trollface:

Yeah Dortmund need to actually start properly challenging for the league again if they want to keep some of those. I cut them some slack last season as they weren't too far in the end but this year they're underachieving.

From what I've seen I think Dembele will go to the very top....very special talent. Not sure on Pulisic but seems Liverpool want him.

Â