The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

I think Bayern released it which pressured Dortmund into responding.  It's a brilliant bit of timing from Bayern, but they are utter bastards because of it.  Remember when Liverpool did the same to us with Gareth Barry on the morning of a huge game against Wigan? 

Shocked and dismayed with the Götze news.  Terrible, terrible timing as well.  Although I can understand his reasons for wanting to move - if a club pushing for European dominance brings in Pep Guardiola, who identifies you as his main target, you're probably going to have your head turned - nothing is going to stop this from seeming like a big '**** you' to Dortmund.  Bayern also have a history of using their financial clout to buy up stars of anyone who is able to compete with them domestically.  I love Pep, but I hate Bayern.  Bastards.

I hope that it doesn't lead to an exodus at BVB.  I still expect Lewandowski to leave, and if Hummels goes too (and I can see there being truth in the Barça rumours) then they've essentially had their spine ripped out.  They will have money to rebuild (although €37m is a snip for Götze) and I'm sure Klopp will have the right ideas, but these kind of players are immensely difficult to replace, especially on any kind of immediate basis.  It'll be almost impossible for Dortmund to keep up their form of the past three seasons, but they can still build and they have the right setup to do this.

Gutted.

I still expect Lewandowski to leave, and if Hummels goes too (and I can see there being truth in the Barça rumours) then they've essentially had their spine ripped out.

Sounds familiar.

yep leitner will get more games, so will bittencourt and they might invest that £32m well

but it still has the same "whats the **** point" feel to it that I got when city started blowing arsenal's finances out the water

FFP will only make this worse too, bayerns sponsorship deals dwarf dortmunds

Eintracht Braunschweig secure the final automatic promotion place this weekend and will be in the Bundesliga next season. Congrats to them (f**kers). Founder members of the Bundesliga and former champions (1967). They hold a Bundesliga record from 1963 to 1973 of having no player shown a red card. They haven't played in the top tier since the 1984-85 season.

Â