The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

MSV Duisburg denied 2.Bundesliga licence earning (the terrible) Sandhausen a reprieve. They missed a deadline for providing financial details. A massive disappointment for a side who spent the first 16 weeks of the season in the relegation zone, going on a heroic run at the end of the season to avoid relegation by finishing midtable. Losing only 1 of their last 9 games. What a monumental **** up.

I just watched Pep Guardiola's first Bayern press conference, I speak ok German so I could understand him, but they had subtitles anyway. He said Bayern Munchen are the worlds greatest club. Now does he honestly believe that or is he just trying to appease his new owners/fans etc. No doubt Bayern are huge, but that is a big statement to make.

Edited by Voinjama

but he is arguably right they are in top 4 for me of 2 spanish giants and Man United, 3 champions league finals in 4 years, one of best stadiums in Europe, best team in Europe. They are really underrated in England when it comes to naming the worlds top clubs and if im correct they are probably the only one of the "major" clubs that are self-sufficient at the moment

There's undoubtedly a level of appeasement there and it's even easier for a Barca person to say it given that the biggest club is probably Real Madrid, so he knows he's killing 2 birds with 1 stone :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I remember reading a few yrs ago about a young player Emre Can at Munich. Think Beckenbauer had really built him up... What has happened to his development. Is he still highly regarded or not not developed enough for first team? Obviously Bayern have a ridiculous amount of midfielders now, which could stifle him further.

Also it looks like Shaqiri isn't going to get any game time what's the likelihood of him moving somewhere? Would he suit the prem?

he's only 17 isnt he?

i think shaqiri's future will depend on pep's plans for ribery / robben, who will probably have 1 more season at bayern each at best, cant shaqiri play on both wings and inside? in other words perfect for a pep team

Emre Can made his debut near end of season and think was in the squad in Champions League final as I recall him in the celebrations.

As for Robben and Ribery, I think Robben be sold soon as not a Pep passing type player at all, Ribery just got a new deal

watching bayern at the moment, they look awesome, think the commentator said they've scored 57 goals so far in preseason, i know they've played some pub teams but still

they arent as fluid and popping up everywhere as i thought they might be, robben / muller / ribery arent interchanging positions etc, thiago is running the show

they arent as fluid and popping up everywhere as i thought they might be, robben / muller / ribery arent interchanging positions etc, thiago is running the show

really? I saw Robben pop up a few times (surprisingly) in deep midfield and make some fine long range passes. though cant believe how much he has changed in 18 months, tracking back and now passing

really? I saw Robben pop up a few times (surprisingly) in deep midfield and make some fine long range passes. though cant believe how much he has changed in 18 months, tracking back and now passing

Well I guess it was shape up or ship out for Robben. So many times in the past few years I've seen do the same thing (run, run cut inside, shoot). He'll have to adapt with Pep.

Dortmund 1-0 up at half time in the Super Cup.  Shocking mistake from Starke in the Bayern goal, practically dropping an easy cross right on to the head of Reus.

Lewandowski also had the ball in the net, and I haven't seen any replays yet but he looked onside, despite the linesman seeing otherwise.

An incredible few minutes about quarter of an hour into the second half.  Bayern really getting into their stride, and grab the equaliser through Robben.  Straight from the kick-off, Dortmund attack and van Buyten puts it into his own goal.  A minute later, BVB are 3-1 up following a lovely goal from Gündoğan.

It's 3-2 now, with Robben on a hat-trick.  Great game, and I can't wait for the new Bundesliga season.  I'll be getting BT Sport to ensure I can watch as much as possible.

Â