The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

Got a week planned in February to meet some Hannover fans I know.

Bremen away with the Hannover fans, then off to see St Pauli before going to see Hannover at home to Hoffenheim. Just need the funds to materialise now.

Would love to get over to a Dortmund game sometime this season. I'm in the same predicament as Steve though - I'm also a teacher so it's difficult to book in advance when you don't know at what point in the weekend the fixture's going to be.

Seems to me that Dortmund's improved CL form is hampering League form, key players missing league matches again last night, and dropped points at Home. Such a shame as i can't stomach Bayern regaining the league in the slightest. Massive game at the weekend though. Hope it's on ESPN.

Just seen this on yahoo, Some dortmund fans broke into the bayern stadium and changed the external lights so it was yellow instead of the red or blue when 1860 are playing, here's the youtube clip

I think this is an advert for the spray paint used. Still pretty cool.

Seems to me that Dortmund's improved CL form is hampering League form, key players missing league matches again last night, and dropped points at Home. Such a shame as i can't stomach Bayern regaining the league in the slightest. Massive game at the weekend though. Hope it's on ESPN.

Think they have already won the league tbh.

Bayern look unstoppable.

Bayern are having a great season, unfortunately. I have every confidence that BVB can stay in the top three or four and also go further in the Champions League. Hopefully they'll be able to improve the squad as a result of this and really push on both fronts next season, but for now it's still exciting to see how they will progress in Europe.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't seen any of the game, but Schmelzer got sent off for handball apparently in the first half when Dortmund were 1-0 up, and it seems that Wolfsburg scored the resulting penalty. Still disappointing not to get anything out of it, but it was always going to be difficult after that.

Not a good result for Dortmund today.

On a different note, I assume Gareth has seen this before, but here's Hans-Günter Bruns against Bayern in 1983:

Where's the midfield?!

He seems to run for about 50 metres with no-one even close to him :D

Still awesome though

• 1 month later...

He wanted something new in his career, and Real Madrid are a huge club. He left in a dignified way and is still loved by Dortmund fans. It's great to have him back again; he was wasted at Liverpool.

And as much as people complain about young players doing it, why shouldn't he go there and make big money. Yeah he barely played, but he may also never have another opportunity to get a contract like that (I am only assuming he's wages increased quite a bit).

Â