The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

Hamburg survive on away goals. Feurth just lacked composure infront of goal in both games, thought they played well in other areas.

What's the feeling on relegation play offs in Germany? I'm surprised they do it as to me 3 up 3 down is better particularly as Hamburg finished up losing their last 5 Bundesliga games and yet got a reprieve.

Hamburg survive on away goals. Feurth just lacked composure infront of goal in both games, thought they played well in other areas.

What's the feeling on relegation play offs in Germany? I'm surprised they do it as to me 3 up 3 down is better particularly as Hamburg finished up losing their last 5 Bundesliga games and yet got a reprieve.

My only criticism is that away goals is completely unfair. Penalties isn't completely "fair" but at least you are directly beating your opponent in a certain part of the game. Away goals, you aren't winning, or losing, it's ridiculous.

• 1 month later...

What about Schmezler at Dortmund? O.k he's no Lahm but people were going on about how amazing he was not so long ago yet he's never really seemed to establish himself even in the German squad?

I remember reading that Low had basically said that he wasn't good enough to be first choice for Germany, hence taking a dozen centre halves to play there instead of using him in the World Cup squad.

BTW this was the German team when he made his debut.....

Kahn - Lahm,Wörns,Nowotny,Friedrich - Baumann,Frings,Hamann,Freier - Kuranyi,Klose

Just shows how far they have come, hopefully well be doing the same kind of comparison in 10 years time.

• 4 weeks later...
Â