Call of Duty: Black Ops

FoFiveKing

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really get what's so good about Zombies?

Looks really boring.

It's just enjoyable to play with friends. To be honest, if zombies were it's own game, it'd still be better than 99% of games out there. The fact it's only a secondary multiplayer game and still gets a tonne of hype says it all.

tHIS!

MW2 Is my only real FPS experience (other than GoldenEye) but I have really enjoyed it since becoming relatively decent . My KDR is only 0.75 I think but that is after overcoming a huge defecit whilst in the FPS novice stage with no prior multiplayer history, map knowledge , layout knowhow , tactics, spawns, etc, etc (My flatmate also **** up the stats with his regular 2-22 type games.)

It took me ages to get to an ok level where I win more often than not, but that is only after hours of map knowledge and looking up tips online. My reactions are still rubbish so my best chance is always through tactics.

When Black Ops comes out I will be back to square one again ( I realize I won't be alone in that ) But I'm just worried that I'm going to get killed regularly for a few weeks at least.

How do those of you who have multi FPS experience cope with the "early-doors" era of a new FPS multiplayer. Tips or suggestions other than "be better" ?

My reactions are still rubbish so my best chance is always through tactics.

When Black Ops comes out I will be back to square one again ( I realize I won't be alone in that ) But I'm just worried that I'm going to get killed regularly for a few weeks at least.

How do those of you who have multi FPS experience cope with the "early-doors" era of a new FPS multiplayer. Tips or suggestions other than "be better" ?

You'll be fine, don't play it like it's a brand new game play it like it's a new map of MW2, you won't be brilliant to start with, nobody is and even the people who are going 20-3 every game are still learning the maps, they just know the main action points on the maps and the best places to go.

Reactions aren't really that relevant in this game, play smart and you'll always beat the guy with the reactions of a cat.

Always make sure you're in cover, and pick your fights, if you're in a battle with somebody who has a clear advantage, just get out of there and go somewhere else. Having the better spot/cover is key to everything in CoD games.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Still not excited for this game, weird. I think I'm getting bored of the series as this will now be the 4th time CoD4 has been modified. Got a feeling this game is going to be a let down, and that RC car killstreak is going to be irritating as ****. 3 kills? So it's basically a predator missile that you get for the same as would a UAV.

@kurtsimonw: Trying to keep up with me for kills like you did last year for a few weeks? :P

Always make sure you're in cover, and pick your fights, if you're in a battle with somebody who has a clear advantage, just get out of there and go somewhere else. Having the better spot/cover is key to everything in CoD games.

This is the best peice of advice, Brumerican. If you're in cover then you're 1) more likely to spot him before he spots you and 2) there's less of you to aim at. This means you'll win the fight 99% of the time.

@kurtsimonw: Trying to keep up with me for kills like you did last year for a few weeks? :P

I still don't think I've caught up with you now, despite much more playing time! Though I've only played S&D for a while which doesn't allow for that many kills.

I kept up with you for a while, but then whenever I played with you, you just got a shit tonne of kills every game. I'd be having like a 20-6 and think I'm having a good game, then there's you in your chopper gunner having a 30-2 or something. :lol:

My reactions are still rubbish so my best chance is always through tactics.

You'll be fine, don't play it like it's a brand new game play it like it's a new map of MW2, you won't be brilliant to start with, nobody is and even the people who are going 20-3 every game are still learning the maps, they just know the main action points on the maps and the best places to go.

Reactions aren't really that relevant in this game, play smart and you'll always beat the guy with the reactions of a cat.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Still not excited for this game, weird. I think I'm getting bored of the series as this will now be the 4th time CoD4 has been modified. Got a feeling this game is going to be a let down, and that RC car killstreak is going to be irritating as ****. 3 kills? So it's basically a predator missile that you get for the same as would a UAV.

I think this game is going to be a lot less killstreak centred though. They spoiled MW2 by making it too easy to get ridiculous kill streaks going. I'm as shit a player as you could hope to meet, but as soon as you get the harrier and pavelow going, you can just sit back and go and make a cup of tea or something.

I still don't think I've caught up with you now, despite much more playing time! Though I've only played S&D for a while which doesn't allow for that many kills.

I kept up with you for a while, but then whenever I played with you, you just got a shit tonne of kills every game. I'd be having like a 20-6 and think I'm having a good game, then there's you in your chopper gunner having a 30-2 or something. :lol:

Up for playing again when this comes out? Haven't touched Modern Warfare 2 properly in about 3-4 months but we generally used to dominate MW2 games if we both did half decent. You only really need 2 decent players to win games on CoD.

I'm really looking forward to playing this game on PC.

Does anyone else play their games on PC?

Was always an Xbox man before but... cant move my thumbs fast enough for COD :)

If your playing a FPS with a joypad your doing something wrong. Mouse + Keyboard = win.

In Black Ops, killstreak rewards dont increase your killstreak...if that makes sense?

It does. I never liked the old way in MW2. Once you got your harrier then you could just hide and get your 3 killstreak rewards in a row without killing anyone with your gun.

Up for playing again when this comes out? Haven't touched Modern Warfare 2 properly in about 3-4 months but we generally used to dominate MW2 games if we both did half decent. You only really need 2 decent players to win games on CoD.

I mostly play domination on MW2 and I can usually win games myself just by capping flags. There are always players on my team with much higher kills/fewer deaths in the game but they don't capture locations. I find the game more fun and exciting trying to cap a flag under fire than just sitting around racking up the stats. I rarely ever lose at the actual objective of the game.

A well used smoke grenade and knowing where to capture safely is a good thing to have.

I'm really looking forward to playing this game on PC.

Does anyone else play their games on PC?

Was always an Xbox man before but... cant move my thumbs fast enough for COD :)

If your playing a FPS with a joypad your doing something wrong. Mouse + Keyboard = win.

I actally disagree. Pads ad a bit of human sluggishness to it which I really like. Playing with a mouse makes me feel like a floating camera with superhuman reflexes. Also it makes me sick.

Yeah I'll be up for playing again. My mates I usually play with go off about 10 or so anyway and you always seem to be on late! Plus, like you say, we used to win about 90% of the gmes we were in which now equals more Cod Points I'm assuming! :D

Â