Call of Duty: Black Ops

FoFiveKing

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really looking forward to playing this game on PC.

Does anyone else play their games on PC?

Was always an Xbox man before but... cant move my thumbs fast enough for COD :)

If your playing a FPS with a joypad your doing something wrong. Mouse + Keyboard = win.

Yeah definitely, years of Counter Strike:Source on PC makes COD really easy :D

My copy was dispatched from GAME yesterday. Since normally I get my games from them two days after dispatch I should get it tomorrow or Friday. Will it be ok to play it?

Yes, you have brought it legit. Just dont post any videos on the web.

Play it offline though.

Otherwise Activision / Microsoft will hound you asking who you got it from so they can fine them for breaking release.

You think how many people are going to be getting it over the next couple of days? Activasion wont be able to do shit due to the volume of players. The only thing they could do, as they did last year, is reset the servers on release day.

As you and me both get our games early, there will be thousands of others in the same position.

Are we expecting there to be server problems? There is every year on and around release day.

Why would there be server problems? Unless you are playing on PC, the Call of Duty games are a peer to peer affair where the "server" is the host's console.

Play it offline though.

Otherwise Activision / Microsoft will hound you asking who you got it from so they can fine them for breaking release.

Black Ops due out Friday right? I doubt there will be any problems for retailer or player in that case. It might have been if he had picked it up at a physical store that broke the street date, but the online retailers need to account for shipping times which gives them a bit more leeway I think. If they send it out a week early, then maybe, but I doubt it.

Play it offline though.

no they wont

ok, video game mythbusters 101:

you do NOT get banned for playing games pre release

developers or publishers will NOT contact you for playing games pre release

there is not a big super list of game journalists kept on a central server so MS know who should and shouldnt be playing games pre release

you CAN be banned by playing a non stealthed version of a game on a modded xbox

you CAN be banned by playing an intentionally leaked copy of a game with a certain identifier embedded (though this hasnt ever happened to my knowledge, it is something ive been told is very doable)

Not long now! Quite excited. I wasn't about 3 months ago, actually debated not getting it but it feels like Xmas eve at the moment with the anticipation.

No doubt in 4 days I'll be raging :twisted: like COD normally makes me do when playing online. lol

Black Ops due out Friday right?

next tuesday

Have you played much of this yet P3te? Should I be pre-ordering it or waiting until after release/reviews are out?

yeah i have. its good, in fact its very good. but its much of the same really. short campaign (though i found it to offer a bit more than mw2 even if it has a stupid story). online isnt exactly hugely populated, so it doesnt have the same appeal as it will when it hits shelves.

if you want the best in mp fps play then pick it up, you'll know exactly what youre getting and you'll love it (maybe aside from the attack dogs perk :P), but if, like me, you're getting a little sick of the whole online shooter thing with feck all originality or innovation, maybe skip this one

i will say though, i can see the wager games being very popular

Â