Call of Duty: Black Ops

FoFiveKing

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

November 6th? It's out on the 9th isn't it?

When simply asked if quickscoping will be possible in Black Ops, Olin replied: ”No. Quickscoping is a cheap way to play. We’re specifically going to gimp Quickscoping, sorry. Play straight-up!”

I do like this Josh Olin fellow.

Yes, its on general release on the 9th, but...me and a few of the other lads on here won a mega world wide competition and are getting our copies on the 6th!

*we actually just know a store owner who will shift a few through the back door when he gets his shipment on the 6th :P

Yeah, it's really worth the risk playing online, even if you have a legit copy.

Call Of Duty: Black Ops Pirates are Dealt with Politely

Remember the banning and resets of cheaters on games such as Starcraft 2 and Halo: Reach? Well, in both those cases, the developers of their respective games were very serious about the offenses made by the cheaters and chose to deal with them accordingly.

However, as we’ve seen today, it may be a whole different ball game when it comes to Activision and their upcoming Call of Duty: Black Ops. Pirates have apparently been obtaining leaks of the game and selling them. While Activision is obviously concerned, their enforcement was somewhat strange.

To stop the leaks, Activision hired IP Cybercrime. While the investigators do look to report the pirates to the FBI, they first ask the pirates politely to stop and divulge where they got their leaked copy.

While piracy is a legal defense, some pirates should consider themselves lucky that they have been given a chance to avoid serious punishment if they choose to comply with the polite requests.

One of the pirates has even been confirmed to have made a youtube video confirming the information written above, including the politeness of the investigators. The leaks aren’t widespread, however, due to the constant watch of IP Cybercrime and companies like Microsoft if a leaked copy should be played over Xbox Live.

If you want to play the game legally, you’ll just need to wait until November 9th to do so.

No. They have no grounds for banning you for the crime of owning a legit copy. If the shop you got the game from sold it early, that's not your problem.

COD is hardly ever cheap, probably £40 most places.

Some of the supermarkets MW2 for £26, but you'd do well to get a copy at that price, you'd have people waiting at midnight/early in the morning for copies.

I guess my problem is 'location' for me its full price or die :(

I choose to die :(

Â