Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Back to 'The Big Bash' ; didn't realise (Sir) Ian Bell was Coach at Hobart Hurricanes . Surely with his class and track record a place could be found for him in the England batting  set up. They certainly need something - or didn't he play for the 'right' County ?

Our batting displays have been mostly poor on this tour but I do think we don’t give enough credit to their bowling attack.

Cummins in particular is probably the best fast bowler in the world at the moment and they seem to have an inexhaustible supply of other incredibly tall accurate bowlers.

• Like 3

4 down. Here we go. Stokes has been **** useless this match, given his wicket away twice in critical conditions in an innings. Sidney aside he's been poor all series. 

going to be bowled all out tonight obviously now. 

I'm really suprised Woakes hasn't been promoted up the order. 

Games gone now anyway but I'd have put him in ahead of Pope and Billings and hope he sticks around. 

What has Stokes done to justify his inclusion in this tour? 

48 minutes ago, Rodders said:

yeah sorry, my fault. 90/3 now. Got the feeling of subsiding for 150 all out now

**** me, won't even reach 130 let alone 150. Team of useless feckless clearings in the woods. 

Just now, Rodders said:

115/8.

It was 68/0. Such a **** garbage set of cricketers

Indeed, they might as well come out to bat wearing three-point-hats and curly slippers, as they are all jesters. 

124 all out. Sack them all. 

I don't give a damn what some of these players did a couple of years ago. 

Need a new, 1,2,3,6,7 for the windies. 

Bring in Foakes, retire Buttler from the test team. Sack all of burns, hameed and crawley. They can **** off to oblivion for all I care. Stokes should only play if he's fit.  

• Like 2

2001 runs in the series - England very, very close to averaging under 200 over ten innings.

We can criticise the bowling, the fielding, the wicket keeping and the selection, but if you're only scoring 200 runs every time you go out to bat, you're never going to win a test.

For comparison, the last time we were in Australia for the Ashes, we lost the series 4-0, but scored 2,595 runs in nine innings at an average of 288 an innings.

This is the worst England batting line up I can remember in my lifetime and I grew up in black and white.

1 minute ago, PussEKatt said:

Another question from a cricket newbie.

If the batsman hits the ball for a 6 and a fielder catches it,is the batsman out or cant he be caught when he hits a six ?

If he catches it outside the rope (and the fielders feet are outside the rope) it is still a 6. 

If the ball is outside the rope in the air but the fielders feet are somehow inside. The batsman is caught out. 

Edited by AVFC_Hitz

Â