Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

So that's them two guaranteed a starting place in Oz.

Bell will come back to replace Morgan, and england will start with strauss, cook, kevin legend pietersen and collingwood all struggling for form. And thus the ozzies will regain the ashes.

Who should we pick instead of any of those players then?

So that's them two guaranteed a starting place in Oz.

Bell will come back to replace Morgan, and england will start with strauss, cook, kevin legend pietersen and collingwood all struggling for form. And thus the ozzies will regain the ashes.

Who should we pick instead of any of those players then?

Maybe there are no alternatives, maybe you're just stuffed. Or do you have an opinion on them that says otherwise?

Pakistan cricket team at centre of alleged match-fixing controversy

Mazhar Majeed, a 35-year-old London-based businessman, has been accused of accepting £150,000 from an undercover journalist in return for telling Pakistan fast bowlers Mohammad Amir and Mohammad Asif to deliberately bowl three no-balls last Thursday and Friday.

They have spoken to me and I have tried to answer their queries,” he said. “We will cooperate all the way with them in these investigations.”

Yawar denied reports that officers had confiscated mobile phones and laptops or that police had found money stashed in players’ hotel rooms. “That is not correct,” he said.

Asif confirmed he had spoken to team officials. “The management have told us something happened, but not what,” he said. “The management will tell us more later.”

Video footage of the meeting between Majeed and the News of the World reporter, who was posing as part of an Asian gambling syndicate, shows the businessman accepting the money and insisting that the three no-balls “have been organised” with the Pakistan team.

“This is exactly what’s going to happen, you’re going to see these three things happen,” Majeed said. “I’m telling you, if you play this right you’re going to make a lot of money, believe me.”

Amir and Asif did bowl three no-balls at the times specified by Majeed: Amir’s first ball of the third over and Asif’s sixth ball of the 10th over last Thursday, and the third ball of Amir’s third over on Friday. On each occasion, the bowlers overstepped the crease by a significant margin.

His T20 form is fine, it's his test form that is lame. Or maybe it's his money grabbing antics and resulting loss of county games that brought htis on. Which seems more likely now that he's been loaned out.

went along to the T20 today, good game overall, the likely winner shifted from team to team a few times which kept the crowd entertained with England appearing to be scoring faster but also losing wickets faster.

this is a slightly long winded one that probs should be in general chat:

(edited as spectacularly boring on second reading, I basically got £135 worth of tickets for £40 due to admin error)

second thing, Pakistan bowled a wide, most people thought this was pretty funny. One guy had turned up prepared and started waving a big single sided A4 colour copy of a twenty pound note and starts shouting he just won a ton at the bookies. Everyone thought it was funny except the stewards that took his A4 single sided twenty off him as you're not allowed to have counterfeit currency!!!!!

As the person who started this thread, I reserve the right to have the whole damn lot DELETED !! Very miserable about the Bears;

does anyone have any idea what is going on at Warks ? They seem doomed now so will Ashley Giles survive ? Would it have made a difference if we had a top-rate overseas player ? Has there been too much emphasis on recruiting Warks 'old boys' - Dougie Brown, Keith Piper,Graeme Welch et al. We might have a nice new pavilion next year but we will be in the 2nd Division !

Dare I say it but will Ian Bell look to leave :(

Well thanks to Hants victory over Kent today, Warks' future is in their own hands. Beat Hants in the last fixture (Monday-Thursday) and they stay up despite averaging one batting point per match.

Yeah Dead right Gringo. Couldnt we even stop up if we lost to Hants and Kent lost to Yorkshire ?

Wonder what will happen next season; they are losing Tahir back to Hants and batting looks a tad fragile. perhaps a late bid for Pieterson :lol:

(just a joke !)

Yeah Dead right Gringo. Couldnt we even stop up if we lost to Hants and Kent lost to Yorkshire ?

Wonder what will happen next season; they are losing Tahir back to Hants and batting looks a tad fragile. perhaps a late bid for Pieterson :lol:

(just a joke !)

All three bowling points in the bag. Just need to get to 350 for 4 batting points and then two days rain to get the three points for the draw and it all sets it up nicely for Lords on Saturday.

Flintoff has retired from all cricket.

And Warwickshire only need another 30 to win after bowling Hampshire out for just 130 in their second innings, with Woakes picking up 5 wickets.

Really helps having Bell back in the team, a bit of quality in the middle order, we put in a good first innings for once and go on to win.

The mighty Bears have won again. What a turnround. Certain to go down about 5 games ago. It's turned into a pretty decent season, with one final still to go.

I'm really pleased for Ashley Giles, most of all.

The mighty Bears have won again. What a turnround. Certain to go down about 5 games ago.

Couldnt agree more. I tell you what; I think the Villa could win the League after that turn-around in form.

But - note of caution - surely we have to bring in some new players for next year if we are not to endure this drama again.

Any ideas ?

Â