Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Anyone seen the rather laughable interview on SSN with the Ijaz Butt? Comical just comical, do they really think people aren't going to see through his statement.

Heard something about it on the radio. What a muppet.

Anyone seen the rather laughable interview on SSN with the Ijaz Butt? Comical just comical, do they really think people aren't going to see through his statement.

Heard something about it on the radio. What a muppet.

Just wait until you hear the full thing, worth a listen. Just laughable.

some of this appealing is ridiculous. Their keeper is basically retarded at the best of times. How he could appear for something that hit the ground and bounces into his gloves is pretty special.

also you have afridi appealing for something going so far down leg it would be fielded by square leg.

England are in trouble though no question.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well The Ashes Tests are looming; how do VT'ers think we are going to do ? We ought to beat'em ........... but it is The Aussies and they seem to raise their game against us . (like every damn team did at VP when we were in the Third Division !)

So what thoughts? (I see Pieterson claims he is 'on fire' with a score of 50 something :huh: )

So what thoughts?

I'm excited and eagerly awaiting Nov 25th. :D

I wouldn't be as confident about our position as 'favourites' as some are (and I wonder about the psychology behind the comments from the likes of Gilchrist).

I think Swanny needs to take a fair few wickets for us to win the series.

I wouldn't be as confident about our position as 'favourites' as some are (and I wonder about the psychology behind the comments from the likes of Gilchrist).

Agreed entirely. Those of us of more mature years might recall the Aussies trick of 'playing' people into the Test side then destroying them in the match. Graham Gooch was an example (although a great player later) and there was another earlier than that but can't remember who.

Having said that, I do like the Aussies competitive attitude - look at Steve Waugh v Curtley Ambrose on Youtube.

Those of us of more mature years....

'Ere, steady with the categorization. :winkold:

I am trying to think of the other player - I do remember a vague discussion about it amongst some 'elders', once. :P

Having said that, I do like the Aussies competitive attitude - look at Steve Waugh v Curtley Ambrose on Youtube.

Though I think that Steve Waugh was one hell of a player, I'm not sure he's the best example of what I would want a cricketer to be like (if you're talking aussies then Gilchrist is a much better example, I think - cue someone finding evidence of him being a twollop :P).

I have no problem with a 'competitive attitude' but a lot of the time that is just an excuse for anything which goes against the laws of the game (preamble, &c.).

I can't remember what the Waugh/Ambrose thing was, off the top of my head. For 'competitive attitude', I always liked Atherton against Donald.

cant wait - fly out in 2 weeks! Just hope the batsmen back up the bowlers

For the whole tour or just Brisbane?

just for the first two tests - unfortunately the exchange rates makes the whole tour far too expensive. Apparently a pint is about £5/6 at the moment!

just for the first two tests - unfortunately the exchange rates makes the whole tour far too expensive. Apparently a pint is about £5/6 at the moment!

Ah, balls to that, surely you'll be able to get some good hospitality off the Aussies?

They get enough decent hospitality over here. :winkold:

Anyway, other than the cost of a pint (tinnies in the ground, surely?), it sounds good. I hope you have fun and a good time. :thumb:

Â