Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Just got back from watching Warks beat The Heathens (Scotland !)

(Wife was born in Scotland btw) We dont half miss Sir Ian and Trott come to that . Brightest moment was when somebody switched the sprinklers on and one part of the crowd got soaked as the wind blew water all over them.

Lancs next I think - I hate them !!

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't sure where to put this, but here seemed as good a place as any (although I may put it in the 'Recommend Me A Film' thread). I watched the film documentary, Fire In Babylon tonight, and I heartily recommend it anyone who likes cricket. It plots the rise of the West Indies cricket team of the mid 70s, and follows their domination of the game for the 15 to 20 years that followed. Some great footage, and interviews with all the key players, Richards, Lloyd, Holding, Croft, Greenidge etc. Plus a fantastic sound track, and some of the political and social history thrown in. I urge people to go seek it out.

Shame to see that again the pitch seems to be appallingly bad and could see us being docked points. not what we need when we could still be fighting relegation at the end of the season.

Bell and Trott seem to be in poor form

Yeah I think most of the Central Contracted players are not gonna be much cop this early in the season. I'd think they're all probably knackered, after a tour of Australia and the World Cup. I think them coming back to play a few county games is more about giving them time in the middle, ready for Sri Lanka and India in the Summer, rather than expecting them to start ripping up trees. I notice KayPee was out cheaply by one of the University teams the other day.

I'm all for uneven pitches. Better than having a ridiculously flat pitch where about 1500 runs are scored and about 6 wickets are taken over 4 days.

• 2 weeks later...

Surprised no one has mentioned the test series against Sri Lanka.

The tourists were all out for 400 but Cook and Trott are already back in the Ashes groove...Cook currently 103 no and Trott 87 no, England 222 for 2

Blimey, coppers involved now?

I heard Phil Mackie talking to Agnew about it on TMS at lunch yesterday. What it doesn't say in that Guardian report (but Phil says on the link on this page) is that, apparently, he also played for Worcs seconds in 2003 (when the present Worcs skipper was also in the seconds, I believe).

Oops. :P

Ian Bell - 98 & Jonathan Trott - 203, have done Warwickshire proud today playing for England!

Not the most exciting match to watch but we're getting there. Can't help thinking a draw is on the cards though mainly due to the weather.

Ian Bell - 98 & Jonathan Trott - 203, have done Warwickshire proud today playing for England!

Not the most exciting match to watch but we're getting there. Can't help thinking a draw is on the cards though mainly due to the weather.

It's just a shame you'll rarely see them in a Warwickshire shirt all summer !!!

Great stuff from the Warks boys, hopefully we wont bother to declare, and let our guys get some batting practise in

Trott is just incredibly reliable. Only failed to turn one test fifty into a test century, could be reaching 2000 test runs without having played test cricket for 2 years, and has the second highest 20 innings plus average of all time. Respect.

Â