Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

• 5 months later...

Well here we go again - new season (have altered thread to 2011 -thanks LIMPID)

Great start by Warks - particularly nice to see Chris Woakes with another century and then pick up wickets. So, should he be (yet another Bear) playing for England and how do cricket fans on here think Warks will do this year ? (and that other lot down at Worcs I suppose :winkold: )

Mark you, if AVFC WERE to be relegated it would cast a cloud over the whole season !

Varun Chopra hit his second double century of the season to bat Warwickshire into a powerful position against Worcestershire at New Road.

Resuming day three on 57, with his side 76-0, Chopra put on 185 for the third wicket with Mohammad Yousuf (81) as the Bears wiped out Worcestershire's lead.

And by the time they reached stumps on 411-3 Warwickshire were 237 ahead.

Well, that's nice.

I venture to suggest that there could be a down-side to Warks brilliant start to the season. Chris Woakes appears to have been playing a blinder and must attract the attention of the England selectors. So - Warks could be without Trott, Bell and Woakes for part of the season. This must affect our chances of lifting a trophy do you think ?

I'm a Worcestershire fan. Our season is over already!! Bumpy tells the press that any wins this season will be a bonus with such a young team. Then, when we capitulate, like we did today against the Bears and last week against Yorkshire, it's ok, because we weren't expected to compete anyway. Complete cop out. **** grow a pair and fight!!!

I venture to suggest that there could be a down-side to Warks brilliant start to the season. Chris Woakes appears to have been playing a blinder and must attract the attention of the England selectors. So - Warks could be without Trott, Bell and Woakes for part of the season. This must affect our chances of lifting a trophy do you think ?
I'd view it as being four wins away from safety.

In all competitions, that's now 11 wins on the trot and unbeaten since Aug 23rd 2010.

Â