Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

As an adjunct to the above; have just found out Worcestershire have been promoted ! This is good for Midlands cricket as I'm sure we all like to see the little teams do well: will be a bit like Hednesford going to the Premiership :lol:

And to answer my own question cricket fans - James Taylor at Leicestershire might be good for Warks - if we could get him.

Just emailed the ECB telling them how retarded they are for not having a YouTube account (from what I could find) and no decent archive footage (which they have millions of hours of).

told them so many videos and hits could be theres, but instead they go around removing fans videos due to ECB Copyright. Told them there is a demand and they can capitalise on it and even make some money.

bastards.

I didnt realise that kidlewis ! There was footage of some 'momentous' incidents eg Trevor Chappell 'bowling' underarm to the Kiwi, various sledging, Holding trying to seriously injure Brian Close etc. Has that all gone then ?

I think they've said that there will be money for new players. With Trott and Belly away for so much of the time, they need to get some quality into the batting.

when we nailed pretty much every trophy going in 1994, we had players who were all just below the quality for international level. It means players like Reeve, Twose, Ostler, Asif Din, were playing more for Warwickshire than anyone else.

Even back then with less international cricket you could say that wouldn't have much of an impact but I think when you have Trott and Bell (two top order batsman) away for most of the season it's going to have a big impact, and so many times we failed to get a decent first innings score.

I didnt realise that kidlewis ! There was footage of some 'momentous' incidents eg Trevor Chappell 'bowling' underarm to the Kiwi, various sledging, Holding trying to seriously injure Brian Close etc. Has that all gone then ?

some of that is still there, but anything 2005 or later isn't there from anything to do with England.

I had loads favourited, one of which was Flintoffs greatest over, with channel 4 commentary, it was awesome stuff and I can't be arsed looking for the dvd and fastforwarding to that moment.

the ECB are really missing a trick here. They talk about promoting the game to youngsters....get a YouTube account and get these inspiring cricketing moments on your account then you miserable bastards, instead of trawling the website removing your content and not putting any up yourself.

the ashes dvd box set is barely £10 now, every cricket fan has it, so just upload the **** to youtube.

I just think sporting organisations get so big they become detached from reality. It makes no sense to NOT have archive footage online.

even tv channels now upload content to YouTube, because they'd rather get 1m views and some advertising revenue via YouTube than just let everyone torrent it.

I really should just become an online marketing consultant.

when we nailed pretty much every trophy going in 1994, we had players who were all just below the quality for international level. It means players like Reeve, Twose, Ostler, Asif Din, were playing more for Warwickshire than anyone else...

Dermott Reeve was a genius Captain, for his time, but your point is a good one, though I think there was more to it than just having good players, but no "stars" - the Combo of Woolmer and Reeve, the ability to get maverick characters to bond as a team and the other players to excel, plus the class of AD - who terrified just about everyone who faced him - it was just a magical mix.

Innovative coach, a Captain who thought in the same way, unconventional, fantastic team spirit and some fine, fine players...

They had a bet before the season started that they'd winning all 4 trophies, and they ended up winning 3 and coming second in the other, bloomin' Worcester in the Nat West, decided or strongly influenced on the toss of the coin (early start, damp september final, put into bat).

As an adjunct to the above; have just found out Worcestershire have been promoted ! This is good for Midlands cricket as I'm sure we all like to see the little teams do well: will be a bit like Hednesford going to the Premiership :lol:

:crylaugh:

Snowy will love that

:crylaugh:

Snowy will love that

:angry:

Bastards!

YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU BEAAAAARRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSS. what a brilliant end to the season. hopefully the top order can step up next year.
Was lucky enough to get to the final. It was a fantastic day, even though, unfortunately, I was surrounded by Somerset fans. Fair play to them, though, they give their side wholehearted support - they were cheering every Somerset run as if it was the winning one.

Great performances by Tahir and Bell. It's a shame really that we won't have Tahir (at all) and Bell (presumably very little) playing for us in the domestic season next year. Interesting to think about how different the balance is between club/country in cricket compared with football.

It's a shame it was quite a small crowd. No marks at all to the ECB for allowing only a week's notice between the semis and the final, and for arranging it to take place between 3 and 9pm. I felt really sorry for the Warwickshire fans getting on coaches to drive back to Brum at 9 in the evening. Many probably didn't get home until midnight. Heaven knows when the Somerset fans got back.

My favourite chant - "I'd rather be a Bear than a Pear"

Â