Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Is Stuart Broad the English Andre Nel;was a little petulant I thought.

Looked worse than Nel. Will probably be banned for a match after throwing the ball directly back at the batsman.

Should receive a heavier punishment. I thought that was quite appalling.

I was only watching the highlights so I didn't see whether the umpires or Strauss had a word afterwards.

Very disappointed if they all didn't.

It wasn't cricket.

Is Stuart Broad the English Andre Nel;was a little petulant I thought.

Looked worse than Nel. Will probably be banned for a match after throwing the ball directly back at the batsman.

Should receive a heavier punishment. I thought that was quite appalling.

I was only watching the highlights so I didn't see whether the umpires or Strauss had a word afterwards.

Very disappointed if they all didn't.

It wasn't cricket.

Fully agree. The umpires had a word with Strauss about it, then Broad was called in after the days play to be charged. However now there is talk of just a fine.

To be honest Broad seems to turn into a petulant child when things don't go his way instead of getting on with the game. He has had brushes with the officials before IIRC.

The umpires had a word with Strauss about it, then Broad was called in after the days play to be charged.

Why didn't they discipline him on the field? They could have issued a warning - the umpires on the field being the ultimate arbiters of whether the laws of the game are being followed (Hare was utterly correct about that and other things).

It appears that the laws of the game (including the preamble) aren't worth shit any more.

Frankly, cricket is starting to piss me off in the way that football does. Grrr.

Sos about the rant. :D

You intelligent cricket fans may remember Simon Jones, who I think was with Glamorgan at the time, chucking the ball towards MATTHEW HAYDEN a couple of years ago. I think it hit Hayden, who advanced towards Jones before Jones did offer an apology. Of all the cricketers you would not want to annoy Hayden would be near the top of my list !

But you are right; we dont want this sort of attitude in cricket and in Broads case, I wonder if it is in the genes? Didnt his dad refuse to walk in the infamous Gatting/pakistani umpire row(cant spell his name - sorry)

But you are right; we dont want this sort of attitude in cricket and in Broads case, I wonder if it is in the genes? Didnt his dad refuse to walk in the infamous Gatting/pakistani umpire row(cant spell his name - sorry)

You have to walk when being given out but that one was a disgrace.

• 2 weeks later...
Warwickshire getting pasted by Notts, I see. Just been bowled out for 121 in reply to Notts 328 and now following on.

There goes there last slim hope of staying in the County Championship 1st Division.

Nottinghamshire 1st Innings

328 all out (87.5 overs)

Warwickshire 1st Innings

121 all out (54.1 overs)

Warwickshire 2nd Innings

152 all out (52.0 overs)

Â