Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

2 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

What sort of a player is he?

To be honest, he's quite good at everything for his age.  Technically he's got a lot of scope for improvement with his batting, but he's got a really good sense of timing the ball and he's a big hitter for his age.

Bowling, again, LOTS of room for improvement, but he's a classic medium/fast right arm pace action and usually quite consistent, which I think they like.  He can hit the stumps from 18 yards about 6 or 7 out of 10 times.

His fielding is really strong.  He's awesome at catching and he has really good reflexes, not sure where he got that from, but he's pretty quick, has a good arm, can catch well.

But I think they liked the fact he's not scared of a hard ball, which is key at this age apparently!

I like cricket, but have only really done so for 10 or so years.  Which means all of the technical side of it, I can't really help him with unfortunately.

• Like 1

Anyone watching The World Cup ? What a damn shame to see  Sri Lanka rather in the doldrums. Have had some great players who it was a treat to watch , and they all seem very pleasant people.   

11 hours ago, veloman said:

Anyone watching The World Cup ? What a damn shame to see  Sri Lanka rather in the doldrums. Have had some great players who it was a treat to watch , and they all seem very pleasant people.   

I am. It’ll be interesting today, for sure. A little bit spicey. 130,000 mad cricket fans in the ground. Heat sweat and tears.

• Like 2

It's funny how the boundary isn't a rope anymore. It's about 3 times the size. It's basically a small advertising board. 

A Pakistan player prevented a boundary, diving over it to stop it, got up to pick up the ball from just inside, and tripped over the boundary, kicking the boundary on to the ball. If that's a rope they don't get a 4. Probably a 2.

2 hours ago, turvontour said:

It's funny how the boundary isn't a rope anymore. It's about 3 times the size. It's basically a small advertising board. 

A Pakistan player prevented a boundary, diving over it to stop it, got up to pick up the ball from just inside, and tripped over the boundary, kicking the boundary on to the ball. If that's a rope they don't get a 4. Probably a 2.

Tbf if he's that stupid then he'd probably be quite capable of ballsing it up with a normal rope.

38 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

England are in trouble against Afghanistan, poor bowling in the main and struggling now with the bat.

As soon as I tuned in it all went to shit.

As usual.

• Like 1

On 14/10/2023 at 14:01, Milfner said:

Has there been a close game yet? Feels like everything has just been a one-sided hammering.

Here it is then! Just don't see us winning here at all

7 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Curran and livingstone have to be dropped, sad to say but Woakes too, all three been awful.

Rashid’s looked ineffective, Buttler offering nothing, absolute dogshit.

Rashid  got his best ever figures in the world cup didn't he. The rest I agree with 

Â