Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

22 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

What's the largest ever margin of victory in a one dayer?

317 is the current record.

275 is the current WC record

Might be a new ones by the end of the day

Edited by Mozzavfc
  • Like 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Mozzavfc said:

317 is the current record.

275 is the current WC record

Might be a new ones by the end of the day

Close, lost by 229

• Shocked 1

What an awful performance yesterday. Nowhere to go with selection now after making changes. Guess Moeen back in. Carse to replace Topley if he has indeed broken a finger as no point risking Archer with the tournament going the way it has.

Again, this has to be the most wretched, embarrassing, humiliating defence of a world cup I can remember. They are batters and bowlers absolutely **** shite. 

There will be mass resignations and retirements after this. Absolute horseshit in every game. This Matthew Mott fella's been a **** useless coach too. Riding on the coat-tails of the past. Done, finito, fin. The end of the road for these guys. Just awful, awful, awful. I hope we don't see any of these guys play for England ODI team again, bar Stokes. Root should focus on Tests, he's been largely useless in this format for a while as well. 

Time for the next generation to be given a chance, these guys are just the absolute pits, they've all dropped off a cliff at the same time. Awful. 

• Like 2

We've won 13 out of 27 completed ODI's under Mott. That includes 4 wins against the might of the Netherlands and Ireland.

So 9 wins out of 23 against the major test cricket nations. Dreadful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Avfc96 said:

Probably the worst ever WC defence.

But this has been coming, too many players picked on reputation rather than form.

It's been tough to get form because of the disjointed nature of 50 over games with Test players not playing most of them in recent years and I can't remember the last time we played in the subcontinent.  I just thought dropping Roy and not replacing him with someone dynamic like Jacks or Salt set the tone, under Morgan we would have made the bold choice but we seemed to want to build innings around Malan and Root rather than just one of them.  The bowling has been pretty toothless, too many at 80mph bowling it into the middle of the opposition's bat but they've not had much scoreboard pressure to work with.  Just dismal all round.

England are now bottom of the group as Dutch won again

I can't be the only person bored by this World Cup format. Is still about 20 odd group games left. They cannot be attracting many casual fans with such a boring format

The only reasons this WC format exists is because the more games India play, the more revenue the ICC can generate.

Ideally, i'd have two groups of five. Top 8 ranked teams in the world plus two qualifiers. Top two from each group go through to the semi's etc, nice and simple and cuts out any pointless unnecessary games. 

So what do England do now ; appoint a new Head Coach ?  If they did, my vote would go to Jonathan Trott who has done brilliantly for Afghanistan. (No Warks bias of course😃). However , I seem to remember he was not a favourite of 'the Cockney Press' so let's find someone from Surrey. Essex, Middlesex et al. 

Â