Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Not a surprise at the lack of sportsmanship, the Aussies claimed a couple of catches at Edgbaston they clearly knew they'd grounded. 

That said, its also another example of the incredible carelessness with which England have played this series. 

They’re the only team in cricket that would’ve done that. Really thought Cummins was better than that. Smith & Warner been in his ear too long it seems. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Bairstow is a clown , always has been with stupid dismissals, and so is Broad and all the other whiners in that ground

At the end of every over in every level of cricket the striker walks to the non-striker 

piss poor to do what Carey did then appeal 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Milfner said:

They’re the only team in cricket that would’ve done that. Really thought Cummins was better than that. Smith & Warner been in his ear too long it seems. 

Typical Aussies, they want to win at any cost. 

England have been guilty of being too complacent and lapse in this series. 

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

At the end of every over in every level of cricket the striker walks to the non-striker 

piss poor to do what Carey did then appeal 

He was walking before the ball had barely been collected. The ball in no way could be considered dead by both teams. It wasn't sneaky. It wasn't underhand. He literally throws it at the stumps in the same motion he collected the ball.

Just now, rodders0223 said:

He was walking before the ball had barely been collected. The ball in no way could be considered dead by both teams. It wasn't sneaky. It wasn't underhand. He literally throws it at the stumps in the same motion he collected the ball.

If it wasn’t sneaky or underhand why have there never really been dismissals like it and why is everyone so heated?

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

It's not sneaky or underhand or just chuck the ball back, that happens all the time.

It's sneaky and underhand to then claim a dismissal off the back of it.

Aussies will Aussie, though.  It's why the Ashes are so spicy generally.

• Like 1

This is what bugs me about Bairstow, it’s the air of arrogance he has at times. Don’t get me wrong, when he’s blasting a century off 80 balls it’s awesome to watch but this isn’t the first time he’s been called out like this. I recall a game years ago where he walked out of his crease assuming over had been called but it hadn’t and he was run out, however if I also recall correctly again he was let off the hook by the opposing captain, of course that wasn’t an ashes match.

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

This is what bugs me about Bairstow, it’s the air of arrogance he has at times. Don’t get me wrong, when he’s blasting a century off 80 balls it’s awesome to watch but this isn’t the first time he’s been called out like this. I recall a game years ago where he walked out of his crease assuming over had been called but it hadn’t and he was run out, however if I also recall correctly again he was let off the hook by the opposing captain, of course that wasn’t an ashes match.

The umpire isn't even looking.  It's the end of the over.

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

If it wasn’t sneaky or underhand why have there never really been dismissals like it and why is everyone so heated?

Because most people don’t just wander out of their crease until the balls been called dead.

Its opportunistic and not in the spirit of the game but they’ve broken no rules at the end of the day, and let’s face it - we should expect nothing more or less from Australia.

• Like 1

Â