Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

This is unreal from Stokes. As long as he is there we have a chance.

If God existed, this would be a forgone conclusion that he'd smash all the runs and win this. 

47 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

If it wasn’t sneaky or underhand why have there never really been dismissals like it and why is everyone so heated?

It wasn't sneaky or underhand from the keeper but they know damn well what was happening and shouldn't have been claiming the wicket. 

47 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

This is what bugs me about Bairstow, it’s the air of arrogance he has at times. Don’t get me wrong, when he’s blasting a century off 80 balls it’s awesome to watch but this isn’t the first time he’s been called out like this. I recall a game years ago where he walked out of his crease assuming over had been called but it hadn’t and he was run out, however if I also recall correctly again he was let off the hook by the opposing captain, of course that wasn’t an ashes match.

Yeah, Bairstow was unprofessional and if this has happened before that should be a bloody warning to him. 

46 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Whatever Australia did or should / shouldn’t have done, it’s Bairstows fault, simple as. Like I said, it’s not the first time he’s done it either and been caught out.

I think your failing to distinguish between the laws of the game and the spirit of the game. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Not even the most unsportsmanlike action of the series so far. Easily Robinson telling Khawaja to f*** off

I felt like that wasn’t really directed at Khawaja and was just a generic “get the **** in” kind of thing. Bit crass and juvenile but doubt the Aussies were bothered by it.

The Bairstow wicket just seems incredibly cheap and weak.

Just now, KentVillan said:

I felt like that wasn’t really directed at Khawaja and was just a generic “get the **** in” kind of thing. Bit crass and juvenile but doubt the Aussies were bothered by it.

A few ex players have criticized him in the media for it

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

Not at all, I seem to remember I called it at the time on here and I think you(?!) replied saying you quite liked that sort of thing.

• Like 1

On 18/06/2023 at 13:10, bobzy said:

On the highlights of that Robinson wicket, he seems to mouth (and if someone can lip read, please correct me :D) "Yesssss, **** off - you **** prick", which is a bit disappointing.

On 18/06/2023 at 15:12, KentVillan said:

Don’t mind that, wouldn’t be an Ashes series without a bit of that. No doubt he’ll get it back at some point

There you go :D 

• Like 1

Â