Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

How many are we left with before you start feeling that maybe we could do it even with the bowlers?

I mean, who knows.  I'm not sure I'd be confident needing 3 with Stokes out.  This Aussie attack has been very good.

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

How many are we left with before you start feeling that maybe we could do it even with the bowlers?

Well the Aussies did about 70 runs with bowlers at Edgbaston so this is very winnable!

2 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

Stokes has been fooking awesome

We are witnessing a genuine historical innings. 

It's just the way he's gone about it following what happened. It's been absolutely brutal. 

He's obviously not going to get even remotely amongst the highest scores ever but the sheer one man against the world, dominant play has been something else. 

Just now, bobzy said:

Oh, just that I didn't think it was a "get in there", thing.  It was Robinson being a prick.

Got it, yeah, I think he was being a prick but I don’t think there was much thought behind it or malice towards Khawaja specifically. Robinson doesn’t seem the sharpest tool in the shed.

It’s the kind of stuff Neanderthal fast bowlers have been doing since time immemorial.

Whereas this Carey thing on Bairstow, I just don’t get, at that point in the match, why they resorted to that. It will cheapen the win if they get it, and if they don’t then it will have backfired with Stokes’s reaction.

On the upside, I think that is the moment this series really took off. Will be a war from here on in.

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

Got it, yeah, I think he was being a prick but I don’t think there was much thought behind it or malice towards Khawaja specifically. Robinson doesn’t seem the sharpest tool in the shed.

It’s the kind of stuff Neanderthal fast bowlers have been doing since time immemorial.

Whereas this Carey thing on Bairstow, I just don’t get, at that point in the match, why they resorted to that. It will cheapen the win if they get it, and if they don’t then it will have backfired with Stokes’s reaction.

On the upside, I think that is the moment this series really took off. Will be a war from here on in.

Yeah, I agree (although doesn't Robinson have previous with some casual racism etc?  Not that I think this was that, but...).

And agree with the overall sentiment that Carey's actions are far worse sportsmanship.  Verbals don't impact the game directly whereas cheap wickets, yeah.

• Like 1

Speaking of verbals...

"A statement has come through from the Australia team: "Australian management has requested the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) investigate several incidents involving spectators in the members area during lunch on day five of the Lord's Test. It is alleged players and staff from the Australian team were verbally abused, with some being physically contacted, as they made their way to lunch through the members area."

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

Bit perplexed why we’re not running some of these 2s that seem to be on offer

I suppose a run out would be a disaster. They had a near miss earlier. 

On 30/06/2023 at 11:32, villa89 said:

His problem is that he can't bowl or bat at the moment. He won't be dropped but he should be. He offers nothing.

My very well timed post about Benjamin stokes

😬

Â