Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

Because most people don’t just wander out of their crease until the balls been called dead.

Its opportunistic and not in the spirit of the game but they’ve broken no rules at the end of the day, and let’s face it - we should expect nothing more or less from Australia.

Yes they do, every single over ever.  It's just that balls normally aren't thrown back directly at the stumps.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Because most people don’t just wander out of their crease until the balls been called dead.

Its opportunistic and not in the spirit of the game but they’ve broken no rules at the end of the day, and let’s face it - we should expect nothing more or less from Australia.

At the end of the over they literally do. 

Just now, bobzy said:

Yes they do, every single over ever.  It's just that balls normally aren't thrown back directly at the stumps.

Whatever Australia did or should / shouldn’t have done, it’s Bairstows fault, simple as. Like I said, it’s not the first time he’s done it either and been caught out.

Whatever Australia did or should / shouldn’t have done, it’s Bairstows fault, simple as. Like I said, it’s not the first time he’s done it either and been caught out.

Jennifer-lawrence-ok GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

5 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He was stumped mate 

Just dopey from Bairstow.  For me it's a but like when thd bowler  runs out the batsman. It's within the rules but not the spirit of the game.

Edited by PaulC

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Just dopey from Bairstow.  For me it's a but like when thd bowler  runs out the batsman. It's within the rules but not the spirit of the game.

Not the same for me - non-striker is getting yards up the wicket for a run. There’s an argument that it’s an advantage that he’s trying to take.

Bairstow isn’t seeking to gain anything. He’s going for a chat at the end of the over. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

I know those are the rules, but look at the umpire.  He's done, the over is done.

It's piss poor sportsmanship.

No argument from me on that, totally against the spirit of the game, but it’s still bairstows fault.

• Like 1

No argument from me on that, totally against the spirit of the game, but it’s still bairstows fault.

That’s honestly like blaming defenders for being near an attacker when they dive, but OK. 

This test match will be won or lost in the next 40 mins or so. If England can put on 60+ runs with Stokes still there and 3 or 4 wickets remaining we'll win it. 

Edited by markavfc40

Â