Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

I don’t remember Bairstow being this poor in the past, what’s happened to him?

Rusty - double fracture of his leg, and not many games since recovery.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

I don’t remember Bairstow being this poor in the past, what’s happened to him?

Could be rusty considering he and England had basically given up on him as a keeper-batsman, added to it being a pretty nasty broken leg he had.  That and Mo's finger not being used to bowling long spells puts a lot of pressure on the seamers to create extra chances.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Could be rusty considering he and England had basically given up on him as a keeper-batsman, added to it being a pretty nasty broken leg he had.  That and Mo's finger not being used to bowling long spells puts a lot of pressure on the seamers to create extra chances.

Yes ones nearly 41 and one 37 too 

They're just going to rattle these off aren't they 😒

I've just been looking through my binoculars I keep in the office to see if I could see the pitch from Colmore Row but I can only get half way down the Members Stand. 

I'll bet those a few floors up could see a fair amount of the pitch. 

The declaration, while brave, seems foolish now. Not worth the risk in doing something like that on the first day of the series imo. 

Bazball doesn't have to be reckless. 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

I hate the term Bazball. Just sounds like something a West Ham fam would say

As far as I’m aware it was invented by a smug man called Andrew Miller on the ESPN switch hit podcast, makes me like it even less. The team don’t like it either.

Aussies were rollicking along but those three wickets, especially Labu and Smith, leave it poised nicely for tomorrow. Poor from Head sending in the nightwatchman when Root strolled out to bat in a storm yesterday. Root this morning btw, how lucky we are to get to watch such an incredible player.

I think we are in a pretty good position to win this game now. The rain should clear hy lunchtime so there will be plenty of overs to.bowl them out and the conditions should be more bowler friendly 

Snapped up my day 5 ticket in the end.  Also bet on the draw at 12/1 on the exchange (so should be honoured) so that I’m compensated in the event of a washout.

Edited by Wainy316

12 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Pray for clouds and wind.. lots of clouds and wind.. and jimmy and broady having 7-10 type figure spells :) 

What's the weather like in Brum?

It's been lashing down here in the Shires for two hours (mate).

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Snapped up my day 5 ticket in the end.  Also bet on the draw at 12/1 on the exchange (so should be honoured) so that I’m compensated in the event of a washout.

i got 12s too but not hopeful. i think we'll see a result

11 hours ago, PaulC said:

I think we are in a pretty good position to win this game now. The rain should clear hy lunchtime so there will be plenty of overs to.bowl them out and the conditions should be more bowler friendly 

Green and Head could easily get 50 a piece and their tail isn't as bad as their first innings would suggest. 

I still make Australia slight favorites. 

Â