Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

5 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

What a disaster from the openers, again. 

It looked absolutely lethal tbf, I think much better players than Crawley and Duckett would have struggled there.

Question is whether we’ll get a chance to bowl at them in similar conditions and with enough of a lead on the board.

Could be a very big second innings for Jimmy Anderson.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

What a disaster from the openers, again. 

Probably the most difficult batting conditions that can exist. 

Damp pitch, rain in the air, thunder clouds all round. 

No blame can be attached to the batsmen. With arguably the best bowling attack in the world steaming in at them the ball was swinging and turning and skidding. Totally unplayable. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Probably the most difficult batting conditions that can exist. 

Damp pitch, rain in the air, thunder clouds all round. 

No blame can be attached to the batsmen. With arguably the best bowling attack in the world steaming in at them the ball was swinging and turning and skidding. Totally unplayable. 

Not easy I agree but not unplayable. 

• Like 1

Just now, PaulC said:

Not easy I agree but not unplayable. 

Yeah, well you go out there then. 

The commentators all agreed the conditions were unplayable. 

Weather tomorrow looks OK so maybe we can bat up a decent enough score.  Then Tuesday looks pretty mixed so we may get a chance to bowl against them in tricky conditions. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yeah, well you go out there then. 

The commentators all agreed the conditions were unplayable. 

Is that what they said ?  OK I stand corrected.  Its still a good wicket with even bounce. Balls weren't shooting from a length. Yes the bowling was great and there was movement and light was poor but if expects like Ponting and Sangakara said it then I bow to their better judgement. I turned it off when they went off so I don't know who said what

I'm not a Duckett fan and he had no chance with his.  Crawley similar.

If Jimmy was bowling in that spell he'd have the ball going out the ground, into the 12th man over the road and coming back stinking off cheap beer and spliffs.

No batsmen should be playing in those conditions.

There's a reason the Ozzie's were running around the field to get into their fielding positions!

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 1

Ah, a nice calm start to the morning.

Root tyring to ramp the first ball, then taking a six and a four with the same shot.

Joe has now set Australia's field to his liking.

He needs another thirty odd runs to overtake Allan Border as the tenth highest run scorer in test match history.

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Ah, a nice calm start to the morning.

Root tyring to ramp the first ball, then taking a six and a four with the same shot.

Joe has now set Australia's field to his liking.

He needs another thirty odd runs to overtake Allan Border as the tenth highest run scorer in test match history.

He's a genius. Pope struggling a bit, Root takes all of the responsibility, opens up the game and gives Pope the space to get his eye in.

Â