be interesting to see how Glamorgan bat now 

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Glad I’m not a bowler for Glamorgan today

Surrey 236-2  Curran and Evans taking them to the cleaners

be interesting to see how Glamorgan bat now 

97 required off 3 overs … think Surrey might win this one 

13 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

97 required off 3 overs … think Surrey might win this one 

was watching it live at the ground. Bit of buffet bowling, but also a game that showed the strength of the surrey side is just obscene. Glammy's bowling largely young and inexperienced, against top batters, Sam Curran coming in at 3 :D  Then batting against a bowling line up of Curran, Jordan, Sean Abbott, Narine... Atkinson is clearly the latest up and comer with you as well. Didn't have a serious chance. To get to 178 wasn't too bad, really, but it was damage limitation mode from fairly on in the chase. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

was watching it live at the ground. Bit of buffet bowling, but also a game that showed the strength of the surrey side is just obscene. Glammy's bowling largely young and inexperienced, against top batters, Sam Curran coming in at 3 :D  Then batting against a bowling line up of Curran, Jordan, Sean Abbott, Narine... Atkinson is clearly the latest up and comer with you as well. Didn't have a serious chance. To get to 178 wasn't too bad, really, but it was damage limitation mode from fairly on in the chase. 

It was live on the BBC youtube so i watched it on that , Evans got the 100 but Curran's cameo was equally as impressive

after the powerplay Glamorgan were only around 6 runs off Surreys score , but the bowlers just put the squeeze on and once that run rate got up over 13 a difficult task became pretty much impossible  ... Trouble with Surrey in this tournament is that they seem to get over confident and then find incredible ways to lose games that they look in control of , so it will be interesting to see if they can be more disciplined this year 

13 hours ago, rbcuk said:

Shambolic last 2 overs from woakes and miles, how Derbyshire won that I’ll never know 

They did to us, what we did to them in the last couple of overs. 

Woakes was disappointing at the death, as was Miles.  Mo's first 3 overs were really economical and he deserved his wicket, then the last one went for 18-21..  Henry Brookes, who has bowled brilliantly in the last 3 games had a very expensive few overs too.  

Sam Hain is the main man at the moment, seems like nothing or nobody can get him out, how he's not getting the nod for England with a T20 average over >42 is amazing.  

Hopefully we can stop the rot tomorrow night against Northants! :) 

Edit.  Took my kid for autographing the mini bat thing afterwards and got him to ask Glen Maxwell if he's been chosen for the Ashes Squad. 

"..No.." 😒

:lol:

He's not good enough to call himself "The big show" I don't think. 

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 1

A rather disappointing 258-6 for Surrey today v Sussex 

Evans follows up his 118 not out with a 92  and Curran 68 as they put 157 on for the second wicket 

Let’s see how Sussex chase it down …

Australia looked ominously good against India, Boland looks like he’ll cause us problems and they seem to have multiple players capable of big scores with the bat. 

I’m not sure this ashes is going to go well, I can see Stokes breaking down at some point with the knee injury, Ali will struggle, assuming he starts and the belief they all have in eachother and the system/approach in general might get called into question after one or two heavy defeats.

Or, England just go out and blitz them like they have everyone else in the past 18 months or so…….

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Australia looked ominously good against India, Boland looks like he’ll cause us problems and they seem to have multiple players capable of big scores with the bat. 

I’m not sure this ashes is going to go well, I can see Stokes breaking down at some point with the knee injury, Ali will struggle, assuming he starts and the belief they all have in eachother and the system/approach in general might get called into question after one or two heavy defeats.

Or, England just go out and blitz them like they have everyone else in the past 18 months or so…….

I genuinely have no idea which way it will go either.  It seems a bit of a crime that the Ashes will basically be over by August.  It should be a summer-long drama especially when there is no football to compete with it.

Yea I'm worried about the Ashes.  

Edgbaston as we've seen from the T20, can be batting OR bowler friendly.. Let's hope the grounds team have found a good balance.  

But Australia have 6 or 7 players who can win matches with bat or ball.  We need to be on point with the bat and trust Broad/Anderson/Robinson with the ball.  

I think Stokes with the bat will have a very poor series as he tries to be ultra aggressive and I can't see him bowling many overs, his body is crumbling.  

Surrey chasing down 501 to win  , not bad considering they were skittled out for 145 in the first innings

Sibley batting for 415 balls and around 9 hours for his  140 not out  , supported by Smith 114 off 77 balls and Foakes with  124 

2nd biggest run chase in county championship cricket I think they said  

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Surrey chasing down 501 to win  , not bad considering they were skittled out for 145 in the first innings

Sibley batting for 415 balls and around 9 hours for his  140 not out  , supported by Smith 114 off 77 balls and Foakes with  124 

2nd biggest run chase in county championship cricket I think they said  

Yes.  Warwickshire looking like only getting a draw from a guaranteed win and Surrey getting a win from a probable loss.

The pitches must be utterly dead and batsmen are just knocking off run after run after run with no danger to their wicket.

Looking at tickets for the Edgbaston Ashes test which has obviously had very high demand seeing tickets sold out for days 1-4.

Day 5 however has loads of tickets available at just £25.  Of course tests rarely go the full 5 days anymore (especially when you factor in Bazball) but just wondering why they haven't been snapped up?  Especially when you consider the likelihood of rain  pushing things back when cricket is played in this country.

£25, full refund if less than 15 overs bowled (50% is <30) and the potential chance to see a memorable ending to an test match Ashes test match.  Seems a no brainer  *I say, waiting for someone to tell me the catch (oof pun)

• Like 1

Â