Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Freak ball. It looped up, everyone lost it it came down hit Brook on his leg that hit the stumps.

Need Stokes to play the game condition not a useless 25 of boundaries. Proper innings Ben please

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

However, Lyon is showing the importance of having a world class spinner. Causing problems all day and keeping their seamers fresh. I am worried about our bowling attack on the basis of this innings. Pitch is making the seamers look very docile.

Don't worry, we've got that young gun Ali to bowl for us. 

• Haha 1

The worrying thing is that this wicket is a batters dream. I absolutely wouldn’t be suprised to see the Aussies hit 600 on this track. 

Smith is going to be almost impossible to get out. 

We've been losing wickets at bad times, every time it's looked like we've started to get a partnership going we've lost one. Looking at this pitch, if we collapse from here the Ausies may only need to bat once 😬 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, av1 said:

The worrying thing is that this wicket is a batters dream. I absolutely wouldn’t be suprised to see the Aussies hit 600 on this track. 

Smith is going to be almost impossible to get out. 

Don't know the wicket will have a bit more pace and hopefully swings more. 

24 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Don't know the wicket will have a bit more pace and hopefully swings more. 

Maybe mate but it will still be a decent wicket. Correct decision to bat first, but we really needed a big score. 

I know it’s like the crap football analogy of scoring first, but I always thought that this test was huge in the sceme of things. The whole world is talking about “bazball” and if we could put them to the sword so to speak, maybe the Aussie nerves would start to falter. Conversely is Aussies do win, I think they’ll hammer us. 

Such a big test. 

Just now, av1 said:

Maybe mate but it will still be a decent wicket. Correct decision to bat first, but we really needed a big score. 

I know it’s like the crap football analogy of scoring first, but I always thought that this test was huge in the sceme of things. The whole world is talking about “bazball” and if we could put them to the sword so to speak, maybe the Aussie nerves would start to falter. Conversely is Aussies do win, I think they’ll hammer us. 

Such a big test. 

I don't agree that if we loose the first test we get hammered but this is a key partnership.  

Â