Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

3 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Plenty of Aussies in the crowd supporting mullet hairstyles. Tells you everything about Aussies. 

They’ve had an inexplicable renaissance here and I can’t stand it. Grotesque hair style

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Just seen the clips of the wickets. Buttler is a brainless gimp. After his hard effort last match to get out like.that is truly risible. Australia to have a lead of 150 by cop tomorrow then.

All his talk of making amends after the last debacle as now left him looking very silly indeed. Shocking shot.

23 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Can't stop picturing Mel Gibson ( Aussie ) from "Lethal Weapon" 1, terrible movie, also.

The original lethal weapon is a great film but was marred by the buddy-cop action comedy sequels. 

Martin Riggs, like John McClane were a move away from the overpumped up ‘action hero’ and made is possible for the Everyman to be the hero.

sorry to digress! 

anyway, mullets are as pleasing on the eye as watching England in the ashes… 

2 hours ago, Eidolon said:

They’ve had an inexplicable renaissance here and I can’t stand it. Grotesque hair style

My lad (9) asked his mum for a mullet the other week and he now  has one 🙂 seems to be creeping back into fashion again . 

as for the cricket , I’m glad I never got up to watch it 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

My lad (9) asked his mum for a mullet the other week and he now  has one 🙂 seems to be creeping back into fashion again . 

as for the cricket , I’m glad I never got up to watch it 

Did your lad ever request a meet me at McDonald’s haircut? Never got to the bottom of it but I think it was a thing round here

12 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

The original lethal weapon is a great film but was marred by the buddy-cop action comedy sequels. 

Martin Riggs, like John McClane were a move away from the overpumped up ‘action hero’ and made is possible for the Everyman to be the hero.

sorry to digress! 

anyway, mullets are as pleasing on the eye as watching England in the ashes… 

Tbh, I would rather watch the " Trooping Of The Colour " or even England batting.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Did your lad ever request a meet me at McDonald’s haircut? Never got to the bottom of it but I think it was a thing round here

He requested a perm not so long ago, which is basically what it is. He’s had all kinds of hair cuts tbf. I once shaved his head when his mum was out shopping which didn’t go down too well with her 😉

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Xela said:

Bunch of useless words removed. Batting is embarrassing. Root aside, and perhaps Malan, no other **** seems to be able to hold a bat. 

I still think Woakes should be in purely on batting ability alone. 

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

We've had five innings now and our openers in those five innings have scored a combined 121 runs.

In a whole innings all to themselves, our openers would be 121 all out.

I think I've identified the problem.

Big problem since Cook and Strauss retired but really apart from Root and an an in form Stokes we have the weakest batting line-up i can remember. 

• Like 1

Â