Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

1 hour ago, robby b said:

If we draw this match but then lose the fifth and final one we'll lose the series 4-0 (again! Argh!). Will that qualify as a whitewash? Or will it not be a whitewash because of Australia not winning all five of the matches?

They have to win all five

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, sidcow said:

tenor.gif

Rain dance ! 🌧️

Nice footwork. I'm joining in right now in my kitchen. 

And if the fifth test gets rained out too then we'll 'only' lose 3-0. Progress. 😂 (A bit better than the last two, 4-0 and 5-0).

Actually looking at the weather forecast it's going to be very shitty in Sydney for the next few days.  Lot of rain and lots of thunderstorms.  So much for a long hot summer down under!  

• Thanks 1

They might get another first innings 400 and something, like in the first two matches, or they might get 200 and something, like in the last one. Anyway maybe the rain will save us this time. I soon realised I can't do Sidcow's magnificently costumed rain dancer's rain dance as well as she can, it's tricky: hopping on one foot while spinning round backwards. 

• Haha 1

I personally think Khawaja is wasted giving competition to Head at 5, I’d have him open in place of Harris. The sad thing is it’s very unlikely he’ll get to bat out enough to win his place in the side with the weather.

Edited by Eidolon
Forgot the H in kHawaja

Got up to watch it and Smith gets out as I’ve turned the tv on. Khawaja looks like an inevitable hundred though. If Stokes isn’t going to bowl for the rest of this match, the second innings isn’t going to be fun (if we can get enough runs to make the second innings matter of course…)

Green gone! Could do with one of those Broad spells here.

10 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Batting first means they'll get all relaxed and put a completely unnecessary 450 on.

Almost there already 😂

6 hours ago, chappy said:

Really is a killer that Cummins and Starc add 50+ between them every time whereas our 1-11 consistently crumble.

Fixed that typo for you! 😉

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Batting first means they'll get all relaxed and put a completely unnecessary 450

Ha ha. Look at all that wrong*. 416/8 declared. see you were 34 runs out. I bet you've never even seen a cricket match!

*actually, really good spot of foreseeing, @OutByEaster? skillz & kudos

• Like 1

Â