• Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey (for Carew 70)

Thought the press interview with sky by Johnson was a complete and utter disgrace, i don't ever ever recall hearing a player so outwardly sarcastic about a Premiership manager, what a complete and total clearing in the woods of a gobsh*te, i really mean that, claiming MON should know the rules, MON should apologies or Gabby should apologies,!!!!!!!!for what, it was a penalty that's it, how many decisions have Villa had ruled out this season, did we see Gabby Agbonlahor going in front of cameras after the final and saying Fergie should know the rules and Man Utd should apologies, of course not Gabby has a far superior mind set and knows his job which is why he shat all over that prat, fact is because he's a crap defender pure desperation led him to do a sliding tackle in the penalty box against a player like Gabby you will come unstuck, ask Vidic, Gallas and many others.

Guys a disgrace and he should come back out in front of the sky cameras and apologies for his flabby mouth.

Furthermore I really think sky sports news desk need to get there house in order, the amount of negativity spewing from them since the game regarding Villa, particularly the one fella, looks a right mummies boy, don't know his name but one of the motley crew, and the strange thing is there was just a contentious penalty and throw-in in the Everton game with nothing like the b*ll*x going on.

Great win, good performance from Friedal Gabby and Milner.

Amazing how many pundits and journalists have no idea of the rules of the game. The myth of 'he got the ball so it can't be a foul' only seems to be prevalent in this country. Clear penalty and serves their horrible, dirty, moaning idiotic players right.

"As Tony Pulis said in this morning's papers, bigger teams get more of the big decisions" - Alex McLeish

Bigger Teams is the only thing he got right :P

Some horrifying football in the 2nd half but who cares, derby games are different and I'll take any win. Infact it was almost the perfect way to win as the scum will be gutted, haha.

Mate told me that in all of the history between villa vs blues, 6 on the spin is a new record?

My thoughts entirely. Bigger teams - says it all really.

Quite funny he has admitted we are the bigger team, how had is that to swallow for the infected!?

Who the **** cares if it was a penalty or not, it was called, we put it in the net, we won the game.

Sweet sweet victory!!

I was so nervous when Milner stepped up, I had to walkout of the room with my hands over my ears and my eyes closed, I opened my eyes and there was Milner on the ground celebrating. Loving it.....

Can't understand it either.

Yes, he did get the smallest of touches on the ball, but even with that touch Gabby would still able to get onto the end of it and have a go at goal. But he couldn't because Johnson followed through and took him out, from behind.

Amazing how many pundits and journalists have no idea of the rules of the game. The myth of 'he got the ball so it can't be a foul' only seems to be prevalent in this country. Clear penalty and serves their horrible, dirty, moaning idiotic players right.

This, absolutely. Come on Andy Gray pay a visit to the FIFA website and download the PDF file containing the Laws of the game. Then come back in front of the cameras and come to a educated decision.

I just posted this on the Blues 606 board: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A67128942?s_fromedit=1&s_type=10&s_sport=football

With all the rubbish that's currently circulating regarding penalties I just thought I'd clear up what the laws of the game say.

FIFA Laws of the Game, p.32:

'A direct free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any

of the following seven offences in a manner considered by the referee to be

careless, reckless or using excessive force:

• kicks or attempts to kick an opponent

• trips or attempts to trip an opponent

A penalty kick is awarded if any of the above ten offences is committed by

a player inside his own penalty area

'

Regarding the match today between Aston Villa and Birmingham City, the penalty was given for the following reasons:

* The defender tripped the attacker.

* The defender was careless, reckless or used excessive force.

There is no mention ANYWHERE of the foul automatically becoming legal if the ball is touched. It's entirely down to the referee's interpretation of what careless, reckless or excessive force is.

Hope this helps clear things up.

Kurtismonw: Agree, I'm sure there are photo's on here showing the tackle, the defender, Johnson, his effort was that poor his legs are like scissors, North and South we used to call it when i played, all around Gabby, Gabby was going nowhere after that, so absolutely a penalty.

I couldn't give a **** what Sky, or anyone says if they think it wasn't a Pen, it was given, we scored it, game **** over. **** it.

You don't get points for deserving to win, you only get points for actually winning, which we did, whether or not it was a pen or not matters not now, refs don't change their mind, **** get on with it.

anyway, the behaviour of Carr and co, especially Bowyer, means they are words removed, and deserved to lose.

1-0 Villa, again. Blues, you're not good enough, when was the last time you won a game? let alone against us.

Night night.

I couldn't give a **** what Sky, or anyone says if they think it wasn't a Pen, it was given, we scored it, game **** over. **** it.

You don't get points for deserving to win, you only get points for actually winning, which we did, whether or not it was a pen or not matters not now, refs don't change their mind, **** get on with it.

anyway, the behaviour of Carr and co, especially Bowyer, means they are words removed, and deserved to lose.

1-0 Villa, again. Blues, you're not good enough, when was the last time you won a game? let alone against us.

Night night.

Absolutely **** this! :nod: :nod: :nod:

at the end of the day it will be forgoptten by sky by wednesday all i care about is winning and getting cl.

let them losers complain and that moron johnson talking about mon and gabby apologising :lol: what a complete idiot as if :lol:

If Gabby hadn't have been brought down he was getting the ball. The ball was not going out of play. It was a pen.

I can't believe that all these so called professional pundits haven't even mentioned that.

Not a great performance but results are all that matters at this stage of the season and in derby games.

The fact we were fairly crap just makes it sweeter! :-)

Yeah, so sick of this. I'm gonna head over to the MOTD2 studios and break the fingers of the first pundit who drops some wrongheaded, Laws-of-the-Game-dodging science about how it can't be a foul if you get a stud on the ball for three quarters of a second

Brad Friedal's never going to retire, let alone die

Milner's run up was so blatantly shaped to shoot the direction Hart dived in, it was like he used the Hull one as a mind game

For one of the least fouled teams in the league we get a **** gigantic amount of penalties, I guess counterattacks against stretched defenses and having inhumanly fast really bad people will do that for you

As most of you have said, who gives a ****. Remember the decisions that went against us in the ccf and the FA cup semi. We were due one and its was nowhere near as contencious as those two decisions. Anyway I for one love listening to the knuckle draggers crying in their beer, some how this feels almost as good as the 5-1 humping we dished out to them.

Small Heath came for a draw. Their formation, team selection and attitude showed this. Bascially, a 'WE MUST NOT LOSE' attitude forgetting the purpose is to win the game.

Yesterday MON did an interview where he talked of the importance of keeping your discipline in games such as these. He was spot on, it was where we won the game today. Because while their players were aiming kicks at Milner, grabby Gabby's shirt (one particular obvious time was in the penalty area, too), flicking V's at Villa fans (Carr), swearing at Villa fans (Johnson) and putting in challenges heavy when not needed, Villa kept their head.

We struggled to create, but we always do when the opposition puts five in midfield and has little intention of attacking.

So fair play and well done to the players and manager for the correct attitude throughout the game. Friedel was my MOTM, made a couple of really decent saves. Including the one from the weekly Dunne cock up.

Dunno if it was a penalty or not. But just as we had to take the Vidic decision, the Semi final decision, the countless penalties at Portsmouth turned down, they'll have to put up with it.

They couldn't even sell their allocation out. How poor is that!! IIRC there we're loads of spare seats when we played them at the sty as well. Can't say that I enjoyed a lot of the game today. The scum came for a draw and nearly got it. I was worried heading into the last 10 but it was a DEFINATE penalty. 10/10 for Milner for keeping his nerve despite carr trying to do a torres before.

Summing up, I'd probably say it was one of the worst games of the season, but also one of the best!!