• Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey (for Carew 70)

Oh my dear god, I cannot describe how happy I am !!!!

Due to being on nights, I haven't slept since 1pm Yesterday - but god was that worth it.

I said pre-match - just WIN, I dont care how lucky, how we scored, how many shots they had, whatever - I just wanted a win.

And thats what we got.

Freidal was absolutely superb. Obviously motm, he even put Milner to shame.

Things weren't as good as they could be - but who the bloody hell cares.

And to see those knuckle dragging delinquents whinging makes it even funnier !.

I am very very very happy - and no matter what happens in the next two weeks - I've seen us at Wembley twice, and I've seen us beat the Blues twice.

Priceless !

Oh, by the way, just the sheer joy on my two kids faces was worth any amount of money today. I was even getting kisses and hugs off my daughter ! - it was a magical day - and if any Villa players do wander onto here - thanks for a moment I will always remember !

Up the Villa and ALWAYS Shit on the City !

The magic 83rd minute. Isn't that when Gabby scored in the last 1-0 ?

And this win owes a tiny bit to my running club, Horsforth Harriers. Why? James Milner, ex-member. :thumb:

Great article by Vital Wigan in regards to Blues antics today!

Yeah - just read that

'even if there was no contact Melchiot should know better than to challenge there`
I don`t usually comment on decisions in games that don`t affect Wigan Athletic, I usually just watch and enjoy but the Aston Villa Birmingham game has left me a trifle confused.

Late in the game (82nd minute) with the score at 0-0 Agbonlahor races into the Birmingham box with the ball at his feet, Birmingham defender Johnson slides in from behind and brings down Agbonlahor, the referee gives a penalty 1-0 Villa.

A spot on decision but what a fuss that followed!!!

First off the Birmingham players surround the referee, Johnson screaming at his face about his innocence, mind you it`s the same Johnson who screamed at a ref at the DW Stadium earlier this season in an attempt to get Hugo Rodallega sent off for an innocuous challenge, so shouldn`t be too surprised.

At the final whistle the Birmingham players were at it again pointing their fingers at and surrounding the referee and his assistant and Brum boss Alec McLeish had a go as well.

After the game Sky pundit Andy Gray tried his best to convince the world that Johnson had got the ball and it wasn`t a penalty, what?

Gray slowed the replay down, moved the camera angle from the front to the side to the back and still it looked 100% a penalty, then he brought up the referees position which was directly in line and said `if he isn`t sure he shouldn`t have given it`, again what?

He got the ball says Johnson, Brum skipper Carr, boss McLeish and pundit Gray, I say Johnson`s stud almost brushed the ball and he got Agbonlahor, the ball neither sped up or changed direction and he bundled into the Villa player who was heading towards goal, a stonewall penalty.

I must admit I enjoyed watching the Birmingham players anguish and I felt a little retribution for what happened at St. Andrews when the Latics visited in February and got done by the dodgiest of dodgy penalty decisions after Mario Melchiot was adjudged to have brought down Fahey when it was clear that he was at least a yard away from the Irish Olympic diving champion

I remember McLeish at the time saying 'even if there was no contact Melchiot should know better than to challenge there`, well back at you, though there was definitely contact today.

Birmingham have won many plaudits this season for the way they have played, thuggish bullying tactics that have seen them spoil their way to 9th spot in the table and scoring just a paltry 35 goals along the way, revenge is a dish best served cold, nice one Villa and Mr Attkinson.

Here

what a brilliant win, not pretty and we were poor second half but I DONT CARE!

friedel MOTM, kept us in it with some blinding saves. gabby was absolutely fantastic today. great composure from jimmy to score the pen after the bluenose words removed did their best to unsettle him by causing a massive delay in between the challenge and the actual spot kick. they should be embarassed of themselves. it WAS a penalty, stonewall in my opinion... no matter what andy gray says, gabby was totally taken out in a great position and the defender got the merest of flicks on the ball with his studs.

so happy that we are still in it with two games to go, a superb effort. let's go to eastlands and piss all over man city's parade.

I've been catching up with a few noses on facebook this afternoon. They've been ripping it out of me for weeks now, he who laughs last and all that eh!

Whatt were they taking the piss out of you for? (assuming its villa related)

The cup and semi final defeat, and the usual top four you're havin a laugh bollocks.

"As Tony Pulis said in this morning's papers, bigger teams get more of the big decisions" - Alex McLeish

Bigger Teams is the only thing he got right :P

Some horrifying football in the 2nd half but who cares, derby games are different and I'll take any win. Infact it was almost the perfect way to win as the scum will be gutted, haha.

Mate told me that in all of the history between villa vs blues, 6 on the spin is a new record?

truly abysmal stuff in the second half but i couldnt give a toss :D

i cant decide whether its a penno or not but again, who cares. we've done the morons yet again and yet again they've proved themselves to be complete clearings in the woods on the football pitch. carr, bowyer, ferguson, johnson etc are all mindless thugs and im delighted that we won in the circumstances we did.

VP was rockin for most of it - great day. The City is Ours!

"As Tony Pulis said in this morning's papers, bigger teams get more of the big decisions" - Alex McLeish

Bigger Teams is the only thing he got right :P

Some horrifying football in the 2nd half but who cares, derby games are different and I'll take any win. Infact it was almost the perfect way to win as the scum will be gutted, haha.

Mate told me that in all of the history between villa vs blues, 6 on the spin is a new record?

My thoughts entirely. Bigger teams - says it all really.