• Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey (for Carew 70)

It was one of those decisions where you have seen them not given before but it just depends on the split second reaction of the ref on the day. Thankfully it went for us and we got the win we deserved as we should have had a pen earlier. It was good to see Andy Gray bigging us up before the game, usually his gushing praise is just reserved for us but he remembered he used to play for us as well. Brum offered nothing really and resorted to strong arm tactics to try and rile us. Carr will be in trouble and deservedly so, no need for that. The one good thing about them staying up is it is a guaranteed six points for us again next season!!!

loved Milner for the penalty! How cool is that guy! Not sure what was being said to him to try and put him off but he was just nodding as if to say "whatever" even though the ref lost control there and should have stopped it james didn't let it bother him one bit! I love the fact that the jock said that the big clubs get the decisions:-) thanks for accepting that we are bigger than you

Walking out of the North Stand past all the blosers at the end. Especially that fat idiot with the massive gold chain giving it the big'un and just playing straight into our hands. 'You fat bastard, you fat bastard'.

I thought we allowed them too much time on the ball yesterday. They got stuck into our players, which they obviously have to do due to lack of quality, and made us realise we were in a game.

We definitely had the better of the first half but I think they tried to grow some balls after the break and thought they could actually win it, which, to be honest, meant that they had more of the game second half.

Friedel was awesome and so were our back four. I thought that we could and should have got Ash and Jimmy in the game more. Having said all of that, we showed that we have the bottle and the grit and determination to grind out results, which was really pleasing and fills me with hope for the future.

I just watched the pen back and the ref definitely got it right. Gabby would have been onto the loose ball, with a shooting opportunity, had he not been brought down by Johnson. He clearly got some of the ball but not enought to have cleared the danger and therefore it had to be a pen as Gabby had no chance of getting to the ball after the challenge.

I'm an idiot. As I went in the ground the steward checked my bag and I forgot I had a massive pair of scissors in there from Friday night! At the derby of all games.

Obviously they were confiscated.

Funny game for me really. More pleased about getting 3pts and moving level with Spuds than beating the Blosers.

I didn't boo Gardner or Ridgewell, and it was nice that Phillips didn't get any flak when he came on. Mind you, weren't we all still celebrating at that point.

As for the pen - I think Andy Gray summed it up when he said it was the wrong decision (with the benefit of a slow-mo replay at a favourable angle), but it wasn't a bad decision, given the pace of Gabby and Johnson, and the path of the ball. For me, it look a definite penalty as Johnson's contact with Gabby caused him to go to ground. But hey-ho - a win against the scum's a good win.

Nice that they bothered to give us a game this time.

i would normally be moaning about the terrible performance, but **** me, in a derby game like that only one thing matters and that is the result, get the **** in

6 in a row 6 in a row 6 in a row 6 in a row

i knows its a manc song, but, THE CITY IS OURS THE CITY IS OURS, **** OFF SMALL HEATH, THE CITY IS OURS!!!

Great result for many reasons.

On the penalty well you have seen them given and seen them not.

Was it a foul? Looked like it to me and you cannot say it wasn't because you have the benefit of a slow motion all angles reply and the fact that his foot brushed the side of the ball. If it had been Cuellar on Jerome then the sha fans would have been screaming for it.

Thats football

Thought the game typified our performances this season. Played well for the first 25 minutes and it then all went to pot after that. Couldn't believe the space left in the middle sometimes and if we'd been up against better, we would have paid for it. As it is it was only them down the road so we got the win against the run of play.

Freidal was magnifico and needed to be. Gab held the ball up well when he got it but Carew was pretty poor and on that performance, young Martin might just be thinkin about gettin rid at the end of the season.

Cuellar should be shot the next time he is seen at RB. Even though the fella got into good positions, his distribution was awful and that is lettin us down big time on the right when most of our play ends up there. Whats wrong with giving Luke Young a game there Young Martin. The manager must be seeing something in training that we don't know about concerning Luke Young, but he has to be better than Cuellar.

Thought Warnock again did himself no favours in front of Capello and is obviously struggling for form after injury. His Everton counterpart will now go to the world cup instead.

Ashley Young and Downing were also poor and will probably spend the summer on the beach. Not so good for them but better for us as they will get a rest before next season starts.

Petrov and Milner again showed that the balance is not right in midfield and we will need new additions there in the summer. Petrov needs replacing with a playmaker to compliment Jimmy.

Dunne and Collins were solid, if unspectecular and i would still like to see one or the other trying to take the ball out of defence a bit more to connect with our midfield.

Overall a welcome if undeserved win against the blighters down the road and now for Man Shitty.

Thought the game typified our performances this season. Played well for the first 25 minutes and it then all went to pot after that. Couldn't believe the space left in the middle sometimes and if we'd been up against better, we would have paid for it. As it is it was only them down the road so we got the win against the run of play.

Freidal was magnifico and needed to be. Gab held the ball up well when he got it but Carew was pretty poor and on that performance, young Martin might just be thinkin about gettin rid at the end of the season.

Cuellar should be shot the next time he is seen at RB. Even though the fella got into good positions, his distribution was awful and that is lettin us down big time on the right when most of our play ends up there. Whats wrong with giving Luke Young a game there Young Martin. The manager must be seeing something in training that we don't know about concerning Luke Young, but he has to be better than Cuellar.

Thought Warnock again did himself no favours in front of Capello and is obviously struggling for form after injury. His Everton counterpart will now go to the world cup instead.

Ashley Young and Downing were also poor and will probably spend the summer on the beach. Not so good for them but better for us as they will get a rest before next season starts.

Petrov and Milner again showed that the balance is not right in midfield and we will need new additions there in the summer. Petrov needs replacing with a playmaker to compliment Jimmy.

Dunne and Collins were solid, if unspectecular and i would still like to see one or the other trying to take the ball out of defence a bit more to connect with our midfield.

Overall a welcome if undeserved win against the blighters down the road and now for Man Shitty.

He gave Luke Young a game there - we lost 7-1

Great piece on Vital Wigan site, particularly like the quote from McLeish:

Moaning Brum Bitten on the Bum

I don`t usually comment on decisions in games that don`t affect Wigan Athletic, I usually just watch and enjoy but the Aston Villa Birmingham game has left me a trifle confused.

Late in the game (82nd minute) with the score at 0-0 Agbonlahor races into the Birmingham box with the ball at his feet, Birmingham defender Johnson slides in from behind and brings down Agbonlahor, the referee gives a penalty 1-0 Villa.

A spot on decision but what a fuss that followed!!!

First off the Birmingham players surround the referee, Johnson screaming at his face about his innocence, mind you it`s the same Johnson who screamed at a ref at the DW Stadium earlier this season in an attempt to get Hugo Rodallega sent off for an innocuous challenge, so shouldn`t be too surprised.

At the final whistle the Birmingham players were at it again pointing their fingers at and surrounding the referee and his assistant and Brum boss Alec McLeish had a go as well.

After the game Sky pundit Andy Gray tried his best to convince the world that Johnson had got the ball and it wasn`t a penalty, what?

Gray slowed the replay down, moved the camera angle from the front to the side to the back and still it looked 100% a penalty, then he brought up the referees position which was directly in line and said `if he isn`t sure he shouldn`t have given it`, again what?

He got the ball says Johnson, Brum skipper Carr, boss McLeish and pundit Gray, I say Johnson`s stud almost brushed the ball and he got Agbonlahor, the ball neither sped up or changed direction and he bundled into the Villa player who was heading towards goal, a stonewall penalty.

I must admit I enjoyed watching the Birmingham players anguish and I felt a little retribution for what happened at St. Andrews when the Latics visited in February and got done by the dodgiest of dodgy penalty decisions after Mario Melchiot was adjudged to have brought down Fahey when it was clear that he was at least a yard away from the Irish Olympic diving champion

I remember McLeish at the time saying 'even if there was no contact Melchiot should know better than to challenge there`, well back at you, though there was definitely contact today.

Birmingham have won many plaudits this season for the way they have played, thuggish bullying tactics that have seen them spoil their way to 9th spot in the table and scoring just a paltry 35 goals along the way, revenge is a dish best served cold, nice one Villa and Mr Attkinson.

Read more: http://www.wigan.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=196469#ixzz0mCQtQrmC

I don't think Small Heath did themselves any favours by the fact they were so pumped up, they were in the referees face right from the first whistle. I seem to remember them going apeshit about a disputed throw in early on.

Not saying that it could or should have made any difference mind.