• Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey (for Carew 70)

Villa may have luckily won the game, but there was only one team won the day in reality, and only one manager that comes out of the contest with dignity and credibility. Well done Birmingham City and Alex McLeish.
That was from some SHA fan on 606. He looks like a pretty sore bloser.

Nothing would have given me greater pleasure had we won by a penalty that clearly wasn't one. However, despite what the media and bloosers would like to brainwash the viewing public with, I cannot gloat that little bit extra- because it was a stonewall penalty.

Words could never begin to describe how much I hate the scummers, and today again showed why they are the filth of the Second City. Disgraceful banners, couldn't sell all their tickets, all travelled on £11 coaches, players crowding the ref after every decision, their captain swearing at our crowd, trying to un-earth the penalty spot, their disgraceful post match comments etc, etc. They really are low-life SCUM.

I'm so happy it's difficult to explain. All four sides of the ground singing 'Birmingham- are you listening?' was a memory I shall never forget. I've been at the last two away victories where we have scored in the last few minutes and that is a very hard feeling to beat. But doing the same at home today with the Claret & Blue masses felt just as good, if not better.

After Milner scored I ended up from the back row of the Upper Holte to the front, and I decided to then stand there for the rest of the game. The black man I had stood next to got a bit annoyed with my arm constantly being raised infront of his face and told me so. At the final whistle, after climbing onto the barrier to celebrate victory and then gettin down, I had a tap on the shoulder, and it was that same black man. He said '**** come here son' and gave me what could best be described as a 'over-friendly embrace' and that typified the day for me today! **** priceless!

So...EVERYBODY SHIT ON THE CITYYY...

I rarely post on this forum,(infact posted about 15 times in 5 years with another account too) but today was good. I was slightly drunk coming back from the tennis courts to go home home in willenhall. These 2 chavs sitting on the back seats of the 51 bus starting talking about how villa are lucky were shit blah blah blah. Comig down stairs 1 of them they say to the other i bet his a villa fan (aimed at me) i gave a nice little grin and the abuse what followed made me laugh. That i'm a dirty villa fanTelling me how i should get some new clothes from JD sports blah blah...yea right you chavvy little ***** anyway i turned around and said " small heath small time" then some more abuse about trophy's to which " takes at loook at your own" there faces was brilliant, they then proceeded to chat crap about the clothes i was wearing ( all from top man and river island) and telling to head down to JD.......i hate the words removed, they give some blose fans bad names ( i have a few mates as blues fans ad all sound as f**k, 1 of them died a few weeks ago from liver cancer so wont put them in the same category) .....but some i would love for them to get f**ked dry by two big blacks guys, really hate the gits scum of the earth. i really hope those small heath **** just die of inbreeding

Some quality rants on this page.

I too felt the behaviour of the SHA players was disgraceful throughout the match. Their passion bubbled over into foul play, poor sportsmanship and outright utter cuntishness. I hope on reflections they're all very ashamed of their behaviour and get punished (as they should do) accordingly.

As for McCleish coming out with dignity? After the game he walked over to the ref (who had a TV camera behind him, trained on McCleish), shook his hand, told him to **** off and then walked away again. Very dignified.

You would never in a millions years see MON act in such a disgusting manner. He might be passionate and he might argue with the officials, but he isn't so ungracious. I mentioned yesterday how I felt McCleish wasn't unlikeable. Today certainly changed my mind.

Roger Johnson really needs to go back on live tv and apologise to MON, it was definately a penalty going by FIFA rules -which someone has already posted elsewhere on VT - our manager rarely speaks bollocks when talking football and knows the game inside out....doesn't mean he gets everything right but I think he's earnt the respect of the likes of idiot Johnson when it comes to analysis of incidents and games.

This is from the FIFA rulebook. Relevant points in capitals:

A direct free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any

of the following seven offences IN A MANNER CONSIDERED BY THE REFEREE TO BE

CARELESS, reckless or using excessive force:

• kicks or attempts to kick an opponent

• TRIPS or attempts to trip AN OPPONENT

• jumps at an opponent

• charges an opponent

• strikes or attempts to strike an opponent

• pushes an opponent

• tackles an opponent

A direct free kick is also awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any

of the following three offences:

• holds an opponent

• spits at an opponent

• handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own

penalty area)

A penalty kick is awarded if any of the above ten offences is committed by

a player inside his own penalty area, IRRESPECTIVE OF THE POSITION OF THE BALL,

PROVIDED IT IS IN PLAY.

Earlier on the radio there was a fan who said that if this had been a boxing match you might have given it to small heath on points.

He was right to an extent, we gave them too much control of midfield and allowed them to dictate the tempo for much of the match.

What he didn't mention is that we don't fight to win on points; in Gabby Agbonlahor we've got a massive right hand and we play to knock teams out.

We did just that today, not particularly impressing overall but always having the ability to land the killer blow - we were Frank Bruno.

As Pilchard said, it was our discipline that saw us through, we kept our heads and concentrated on winning the game and in the end our players will spend the night celebrating, they lost their heads and concentrated on kicking us and surrounding the ref, they can moan all they like but both sides got what they deserved.

Friedel was exellent today.

All of the defence played well. Carlos was very strong defensively BUT his distribution was appalling. Please bring Luke back!!

Millie was awesome.

Petrov was poor and the game just passed him by IMO. Ferguson looked a better player.

Wingers were okay.

Gab was good and worked really hard.

Carew was ineffectual BUT was made to look good by Heskey?

The referee was crap. He let the SHA players get away with murder in the first half with overly heavy tackles and constantly sliding through our players. He should have gave cards to Larson and a few others at a minimum. I could see an argument that it wasn't a pen as he got a touch on the ball first BUT I would make two points:

- you go to ground in that position and don't make it clear then you are risking it big time.

- Gabby would have got to the ball before it went out if Johnson hadn't gone straight though him. Very careless tackle got what it deserved.

MON was MON. No surprises with the team and the same really poor impact on the game when we were being bettered in the second half. Sub was very poor! His tactics made a vastly inferior SHA look a lot better than they should have.

Agent Gardner did his job well. He was really poor and can't believe he stayed on the whole game.

Earlier on the radio there was a fan who said that if this had been a boxing match you might have given it to small heath on points.

He was right to an extent, we gave them too much control of midfield and allowed them to dictate the tempo for much of the match.

What he didn't mention is that we don't fight to win on points; in Gabby Agbonlahor we've got a massive right hand and we play to knock teams out.

We did just that today, not particularly impressing overall but always having the ability to land the killer blow - we were Frank Bruno.

As Pilchard said, it was our discipline that saw us through, we kept our heads and concentrated on winning the game and in the end our players will spend the night celebrating, they lost their heads and concentrated on kicking us and surrounding the ref, they can moan all they like but both sides got what they deserved.

To an extent? They were the better team without doubt. Which makes it a whole lot better!!

As for McCleish coming out with dignity? After the game he walked over to the ref (who had a TV camera behind him, trained on McCleish), shook his hand, told him to **** off and then walked away again. Very dignified.

cant that twerp get done for that telling him the eff off?

oh yeah forget about gardner didnt even realise he was playing thats how well he performed today 3m thanks blosers

i must say i thought ridgewell had a good game today

If any Blues fan comes to me tomorrow and claims they were unlucky because they played well and gave us a good game I will, if I am honest, have to agree with them. If they start moaning about the penalty then I will have to give it to them with both barrels.