• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The individual passes were used as examples to prove that James Milner can make a great pass or shot. And to suggest that he cant is just ridiculous. You might say he doesnt do it every game, but who on this planet does? Certainly not Stephen ireland - I promise.

Well fran said that not me. I made the more general observation that he doesn't have Ireland's imagination or unpredictability with a ball and he doesn't. That doesn't mean that he doesn't have any. Just that in those particular departments we'd be getting the flair player and that is something we've missed since Merson left.

i dint say Milner cant pass,i just said i think Ireland is better,some people on here think Milner is Kaka for christ sake,to even think that the lad is worth only 5m less than Villa is nuts..

The individual passes were used as examples to prove that James Milner can make a great pass or shot. And to suggest that he cant is just ridiculous. You might say he doesnt do it every game, but who on this planet does? Certainly not Stephen ireland - I promise.

Well fran said that not me. I made the more general observation that he doesn't have Ireland's imagination or unpredictability with a ball and he doesn't. That doesn't mean that he doesn't have any. Just that in those particular departments we'd be getting the flair player and that is something we've missed since Merson left.

i dint say Milner cant pass,i just said i think Ireland is better,some people on here think Milner is Kaka for christ sake,to even think that the lad is worth only 5m less than Villa is nuts..

Milner is currently priceless to Villa imo. I really hope he stays with us.

We need to get away from monetary valuations being a kind of definitive guide to a player's ability. They are as pointless as using soccerbase as the be-all and end-all of a striker's ability. Villa was £30m because of his contract and because Valencia are crippled with debt. Barry was £12m because of his contract.

We need to get away from monetary valuations being a kind of definitive guide to a player's ability. They are as pointless as using soccerbase as the be-all and end-all of a striker's ability. Villa was £30m because of his contract and because Valencia are crippled with debt. Barry was £12m because of his contract.

Spot on, Milners value is what Villa (MON) wants for him. Anyone who infers this is a done deal at £28m is wrong, im not saying it wont happen but its has not happened yet, despite what a few M City fans say and the usual red tops.

Ireland has a massive amount of talent, a lot of creativity, good movement and is a major threat going forward.

Milner is a totally different player, he's far more hard working and is pretty good at everything.

If we do sign Ireland, i do feel we'd need to sign a different defensive midfielder with a lot more about them then Petrov in terms of energy and defensive ability. Whilst i really like Petrov, if we're to lose Milners drive, it needs to be replaced somewhere.

Bottom line is, Ireland will give us much more creativity going forward, and if we can cover defensively in what we'd lose from Milner, then... i think we'd be alright.

yawn!

Mr. Milner can you please come out and make your mind up! This is dead boring now!

If he goes I want to move on.

If he stays I want us to plan for the season.

And for the record. Ireland is not better then Milner but Milner isn't far better. IMO.

Stephen Ireland is his own worst enemy at times, but his press is quite bad.

He quit the ROI squad as some of the senior players pinned him down and started pulling out his hair or something, then when he complained about it to management, they told him to stop being so soft and that nobody would be punished.

He did lie about the death of his gran, but it wasn't to get out of international duty, it was because his girlfriend had just had a miscarriage and rang him crying on the phone for him to come home. He didn't really think about what he was doing, and just used the whole "my nan's died" excuse that millions of teenagers have tried to use in the past, though it bit him in the arse in the end.

He has however, posted stupid pictures of himself on Bebo and made some daft comments to his girlfriend on there, which a mate later leaked.

He also rang a moderator on Bluemoon asking for a thread to be pulled, which is a bit daft.

Anyway, all of this seems academic as apparently (I'm not watching it right now) SSN have just said something about Milner and the move been complete. They may have read it off of the back of a newspaper, was anyone else watching?

Having a look at the blue moon forum and they are basically saying that he won't even start for them! When you list their midfielders it is hard to see where he will fit in with the signings of Toure and Silva.

Will be a silly move for him and one he will regret. For us i think we will rise from this stronger. 28M is silly money and more than they paid for Silva and Toure. They will look like complete mugs at that price

if im been honest,i dont really see Milner getting to much game time with them with the players they are signing.is City's plan just to buy up the best talent from the teams around them?.

Anyway, all of this seems academic as apparently (I'm not watching it right now) SSN have just said something about Milner and the move been complete. They may have read it off of the back of a newspaper, was anyone else watching?

You have just proved your lack of knowledge with this little beauty. If they had announced that on SSN, it would have been emblazened across the net. It ain't because it ain't happened yet. Be honest, you know sweet **** all like the rest of us!

Having a look at the blue moon forum and they are basically saying that he won't even start for them! When you list their midfielders it is hard to see where he will fit in with the signings of Toure and Silva.

Will be a silly move for him and one he will regret. For us i think we will rise from this stronger. 28M is silly money and more than they paid for Silva and Toure. They will look like complete mugs at that price

disagree, i think he'd play. Toure, Barry and Milner in the middle. Johnson and Silva on the wings. Tevez up front. Potentially a great move for Milner, if he plays and plays well hes probably looking at competing for the premiership and playing in the champions league.

Find it strange how people rate him as great and worth 30m plus but not good enough to get in citys starting 11

You have just proved your lack of knowledge with this little beauty. If they had announced that on SSN, it would have been emblazened across the net. It ain't because it ain't happened yet. Be honest, you know sweet **** all like the rest of us!

he's not the only one that comes on he talking shite that supports another club,i think this lad is nearly as smug as Glaston :shock: