What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

Yes, I know he does woodytom. I did say he is constantly good, but he also has days where he can't get a shot on target. Just because someone has offered us £20m for a player - it doesn't automatically make him worth that much when it comes to footballing ability.

Naming times when he has pulled off a great pass doesn't mean that every pass he has ever done is excellent.

and if we sign stephen ireland, youll see all the crap passes he does. There is nothing that ireland can do that milner cant. but there is plenty milner can do that ireland cant

I think we'll have to agree to disagree. I've seen Ireland score goals that I can't image Milner scoring. Ireland get's into positions that Milner doesn't because he's too busy helping the wingers or the defenders.

And I've seen Milner score goals Ireland can only dream of:

away V Sunderland

home V Everton 2008/90 (free kick)

away v Blackburn (CC Semi final)

So what's your point?

Ireland is a decent player with a troubled past and an almost certain troubled future, to sign him would be footballing suicide.

The last sentence is nonsense.

My point wasn't that Ireland is better than Milner and that Milner can't score spectacular goals - it's the type of goals that Ireland scores, and I believe Ireland would score for Villa.

As mentioned by a few others. Ireland has an unpredictability and flair that Milner doesn't. What Milner lacks in pace and flair he makes up for by running his socks off every game.

I'll rephrase my post so that you get what I'm saying. I've seen Ireland score goals that I don't think Milner would dare to attempt. Ireland is a cocky player which is, at times, what we're missing.

What goals tho???

Surely if Milner attempts the shot against Sunderland and the lob against Hull - hel pretty much attempt anything?

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did I know that was coming. I can't remember the specific goals/ who they were against and I don't have the great-scouting-machine that is Youtube available on my work computer.

How about you name me all these things that Milner can do that Ireland can't?

How did I know that was coming. I can't remember the specific goals/ who they were against and I don't have the great-scouting-machine that is Youtube available on my work computer.

In other words, you have absolutely no evidence to support your arguement? :shock:

In other words, you have absolutely no evidence to support your arguement? :shock:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Or.. I work in a bank and can't get onto Youtube.

I remember one specific goal where Ireland was stood a metre and a half away from the opposition keeper. He could have passed to one of the other City players that had ran into the box, but he quickly shifted his body and slotted the ball into the bottom corner (In a gap less than a foot wide; between the keeper and the post).

I couldn't image Milner doing something like that.

Come on then, if you remember everything and obviously think it's wrong not to be able to back up all of your statements. Give me a list of these things that Milner can do that Ireland can't.

With examples, obviously.

Milner and Ireland are both fantastic players. They have their strengths and weaknesses.

I'd love to have them play together at Villa but I'd also like Scarlet Johansson to pipe me off.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Or.. I work in a bank and can't get onto Youtube.

I remember one specific goal where Ireland was stood a metre and a half away from the opposition keeper. He could have passed to one of the other City players that had ran into the box, but he quickly shifted his body and slotted the ball into the bottom corner (In a gap less than a foot wide; between the keeper and the post).

I couldn't image Milner doing something like that.

Come on then, if you remember everything and obviously think it's wrong not to be able to back up all of your statements. Give me a list of these things that Milner can do that Ireland can't.

With examples, obviously.

What you described is hardly hitting the ball from 30 yards when you almost facing the other direction and a pass is clearly the better option. I remember that Ireland goal and I think they were about 2 or 3 up with abourt a minute left.

So theres your 1st example. Succesful Long range shooting

I've seen Ireland score long range goals.

So what if it's "hardly hitting the ball from 30 yards when you're almost facing the other direction"???? I'll say it again incase you didn't read it. I'm not saying Ireland's better than Milner and I'm not bringing up Ireland's goals to show that they're better than Milners. You seem to have totally missed the point. I'm bringing up a scenario that shows flair/ a cocky attribute that Milner doesn't have and is something we could utlilise well.

Ireland is more disciplined as a central midfielder and get's into those positions in and around the box more often than Milner. Milner tends to drop onto the wing and will whip in a cross, even though we have 2 perfectly capable wingers.

Milner's great but he's not this god of football that some seem to think he is. If we lose him then I'll be gutted but we'll get something different in Ireland that could make us better as a whole.

To me Ireland is an improvement on any centre midfielder we have and i hate the guy. He has vision, good passing range, scores goals and gets forward well into opposition box.

I remember 3-1 City win vs us at Eastlands in 2005 when he was just 18 and he was brilliant that night

Milner needs to come out and underline his intentions soon as this is getting boring.

I havent missed any point, I just disagree with you

Milner has got flair and the cocky attribute. The throw against Chelsea in the semi when he threw it off the defender.

Stephen Irelands more brainless than cocky.

Yes, I know he does woodytom. I did say he is constantly good, but he also has days where he can't get a shot on target. Just because someone has offered us £20m for a player - it doesn't automatically make him worth that much when it comes to footballing ability.

Naming times when he has pulled off a great pass doesn't mean that every pass he has ever done is excellent.

and if we sign stephen ireland, youll see all the crap passes he does. There is nothing that ireland can do that milner cant. but there is plenty milner can do that ireland cant

I think we'll have to agree to disagree. I've seen Ireland score goals that I can't image Milner scoring. Ireland get's into positions that Milner doesn't because he's too busy helping the wingers or the defenders.

And I've seen Milner score goals Ireland can only dream of:

away V Sunderland

home V Everton 2008/90 (free kick)

away v Blackburn (CC Semi final)

So what's your point?

Ireland is a decent player with a troubled past and an almost certain troubled future, to sign him would be footballing suicide.

Is it?

You may wish to brush up on your general knowledge of young Stephen Ireland then.

I havent missed any point, I just disagree with you

Milner has got flair and the cocky attribute. The throw against Chelsea in the semi when he threw it off the defender.

Stephen Irelands more brainless than cocky.

Milner was doing that through frustration. He threw the ball at Alex to get a cross in as soon as possible. We were throwing everything we had at getting a goal.

That's not the way Milner normally plays.

Is it?

You may wish to brush up on your general knowledge of young Stephen Ireland then.

Enlighten me.

Other than the fact that he got bullied in the Ireland national team, other players pinned him down and pulled his hairplugs out and he lied about a family members death to get out of International duty.

Which, to me, seems like he's more the victim.

Explain to me what makes him so troubled and why him becoming a Villa player would be footballing suicide. (Man City don't seem to be doing too badly and yet he's in their squad).