468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

to do a swap with DAvies and Keane in some form because it might work for us

How much cash do you think they would give us as part of the deal ?

imo,the yids would want money going there way plus Davies..

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we'd be lucky to get 5 or 6 for Davies now..

Yep and look it another way Clarke is pushing for a squad place and we got him for nowt . I think we will take a hit on Luke / Davies and Shorey but we also have players that cost us nowt that are ready aswell .

I'm gonna get splinters in my bum from sitting on the fence but part of me understands what and why MON does his business that way. That said, I'd also like to have players in for pre-season and the business done by the time we play West Ham. Dunne for 6m instead of 8m makes perfect sense, but then again, so does beating Wigan Athletic on the first day of the season and putting us closer to the top four. I genuinely think we have a chance of being in the top three after our first 8 to 10 games this season.

Milner is mister dependable and a talented player to go with it.

Ireland is by his own manager's admission a player who could be an asset if he chooses to get his head together.

How do you work out an accurate swop valuation on that basis.

Much better to wait until Ireland is indisputably surplus to requirements, if indeed Mon is willing to take a chance on him.

Mystery man - I'd love to know how you do it, honestly.

You come out with stuff that everyone already knows, and then you are hailed as this in the know genius

So, lets see from the last few pages

Man City are in for Milner

And if it happens we are looking at Ireland or Onouha

We would like Keane

Luke Young has sold his house

Curtis Davies is available and is attracting Spurs

Sorry mate, but every single person on here already knows these. I live in Hereford and even I know Luke Young has sold his house ! it was on the back page of the Hereford Journal gossip column about 6 weeks ago !

I'd really love to know your secret , coz people swear by you !

Mr Hodge

Fair point never said we were looking at Onouha BY THE WAY . I aint giving you any rivetting information cos I don't know all the targets we are in for .Don't look to blame someone cos there is no one else to blame either But simples if you don't believe any of it just ignore it like I would !

Yep and look it another way Clarke is pushing for a squad place and we got him for nowt . I think we will take a hit on Luke / Davies and Shorey but we also have players that cost us nowt that are ready aswell .

Sorry I'm struggling to see the positives in any of that, it just smacks of poor management by O'Neill and selling players to bring money in and replace them with kids.

In the bad old days under Ellis and O'Leary I'd have been going nuts and to be honest I'm struggling not feel much the same now.

For the first time under Randy and O'Neill I really fear for direction we are headed.

and only time will tell which one is the better player

Lee Sharpe was the "unleashed talent"

Ryan Giggs was "Mr Dependable"

No arguaments which one won out there

However

Brian McLair was "Mr Dependable"

Eric Cantona was "the unleashed talent"

So, only time will tell which is the best

Or, put it another way. I thought GT was bloody mad when he replaced Allan Evans, our best defender for a generation with a crocked alcoholic !

Sorry I'm struggling to see the positives in any of that, it just smacks of poor management by O'Neill and selling players to bring money in and replace them with kids.

In the bad old days under Ellis and O'Leary I'd have been going nuts and to be honest I'm struggling not feel much the same now.

For the first time under Randy and O'Neill I really fear for direction we are headed.

I can see your point and believe me MON frustrates the living daylights out of me and I don't think tactically he is great at all infact he reminds me of Capello with England . However there does a come a time when you got to blood some of the kids properly . My arguement is he has bought squad players he just doesn't trust !

Or, put it another way. I thought GT was bloody mad when he replaced Allan Evans, our best defender for a generation with a crocked alcoholic !

That's a bit unfair. Kent Neilsen was not a crocked alcoholic :wink:

Clark, Delfouneso, Delph and Albrighton are the future of Villa and England, they will all be top drawer players, if they are good enough why hold them back?

Clark, Delfouneso, Delph and Albrighton are the future of Villa and England, they will all be top drawer players, if they are good enough why hold them back?

Sir Gary, would you add Gardner to that as well?

Mystery man - I'd love to know how you do it, honestly.

You come out with stuff that everyone already knows, and then you are hailed as this in the know genius

So, lets see from the last few pages

Man City are in for Milner

And if it happens we are looking at Ireland or Onouha

We would like Keane

Luke Young has sold his house

Curtis Davies is available and is attracting Spurs

Sorry mate, but every single person on here already knows these. I live in Hereford and even I know Luke Young has sold his house ! it was on the back page of the Hereford Journal gossip column about 6 weeks ago !

I'd really love to know your secret , coz people swear by you !

Maybe the fact he had called signings such as Warnock and Downing, months before they happened.

You make yourself out to be such a clown at times.

That is nothing but a mix of opinion and wishful thinking there is very little to support such predictions. They may well prove to be they may not but you certainly can't proclaim the future of England at this stage to do so is quite daft.

Davies and Shorey played what 2 each for us last season ? So getting money and replacing with youth is a perfectly good idea, especially if we get Keane with the money we get from their sales.

Young will be sold and a replacement younger right back will be purchased, Onouha possibly.

The players we are selling are ones who do not play, we are using the money to buy players who will play. It makes perfect sense.

Bentley - may be shot down, but I too think the guy has the potential to be a bloody lot better than Milner. Now, he isn't at this time, due to a mental age of 5, but he has the potential. He has the vision, he has the passing ability, and he has the pace that Milner has not got.

No argument there. I'd really like him at Villa.

That is nothing but a mix of opinion and wishful thinking there is very little to support such predictions. They may well prove to be they may not but you certainly can't proclaim the future of England at this stage to do so is quite daft.

possibly so but I can't name any better young English players can you?

do you not think they can do a job as at least squad players or options from the bench at this stage?

and only time will tell which one is the better player

Lee Sharpe was the "unleashed talent"

Ryan Giggs was "Mr Dependable"

No arguaments which one won out there

However

Brian McLair was "Mr Dependable"

Eric Cantona was "the unleashed talent"

So, only time will tell which is the best

I was really impressed with Ireland the season before last, and surprised that it all went pear shaped for him last season. I know he has great ability but I believe from what I have seen of Mon that he will only pay big money for a player with "the right character." If he goes in for Ireland the price and wages would have to be reasonable imo.

Cantona and God are great examples of the rewards of taking a risk (although even I would have given Leeds a million for Eric). I just don't see Mon as a risk taker.

But those players can quite adequatly fill the roles of Davies, Shorey, Heskey, Sidwell etc.. players who were squad or surplus need to be shipped out and their places taken with young talent. We also free up wages for signings in positions where we need players like a striker.