What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

but isnt it a little odd that we are always doing things at the last min,every summer its the final day of the transfer window.not saying we never get good players,but we never really bring in real class is it because the way our manager goes about it?.

No it makes perfect sense. Dunne for 8mil in June or 5mil in August? Martin holds out knowing they will not keep a player they don't want and will have to accept what we offer in the end.

If this is applied to many transfers it leaves the possibility that we miss out on our choices.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont see why we should let Davies go for a song. He's a good player, has his best years ahead of him and is English so there's a premium.

I'd say £8m is about right to start with and a straight swap for Keane a fair deal.

The only issues with him is one too many injuries.

I wouldnt even consider letting him go except we have an exceptional young talent in Clark so we have the cover.

One thing we shouldnt do though is sell Milner before lining our targets up. Once clubs know we have another £30m burning a hole we'll get mugged left, right and centre.

I dont see why we should let Davies go for a song. He's a good player, has his best years ahead of him and is English so there's a premium.

I'd say £8m is about right to start with and a straight swap for Keane a fair deal.

The only issues with him is one too many injuries.

I wouldnt even consider letting him go except we have an exceptional young talent in Clark so we have the cover.

One thing we shouldnt do though is sell Milner before lining our targets up. Once clubs know we have another £30m burning a hole we'll get mugged left, right and centre.

Mazrim, I'm pretty confident the club have a 'contingency plan' if Milner goes and have all the buttons ready to be pressed.

They've had enough time to consider it as this has been speculated since before the end of last season.

I'll be gutted if he goes though.

I've lost the quoted post now, but I wouldn't worry about what most of the posters think about a deal on the Bluemoon Transfer Forum. Half of them think the Torres deal is done, and the other half spend their lives shouting at them to be more realistic. 'Tis an enchanting place though, it's like internet crack..

Anyway, Milner would definitely get in our team. He'd be ahead of SWP on the right wing, and ahead of Bellamy on the left. The only winger I think he'd be behind is Johnson, purely because he's our next "Great White Hope" so to speak. This is presuming that Silva plays in the centre. If he turns out a bit flimsy for that role, Milner can goes in the centre as a box to box with any combination of Barry/De Jong/Toure next to him.

I've lost the quoted post now, but I wouldn't worry about what most of the posters think about a deal on the Bluemoon Transfer Forum. Half of them think the Torres deal is done, and the other half spend their lives shouting at them to be more realistic. 'Tis an enchanting place though, it's like internet crack..

Anyway, Milner would definitely get in our team. He'd be ahead of SWP on the right wing, and ahead of Bellamy on the left. The only winger I think he'd be behind is Johnson, purely because he's our next "Great White Hope" so to speak. This is presuming that Silva plays in the centre. If he turns out a bit flimsy for that role, Milner can goes in the centre as a box to box with any combination of Barry/De Jong/Toure next to him.

'Tis an enchanting place though, it's like internet crack..

I have to agreed with you, i often browse the site just for the comedy value, and its seems a good forum, as long as you dont pretned to be ITK or attack 1 of the worshipped ITK's :winkold:

i was considering joining up as it seems a friendly place, and unliked some i dont begrudge city there new found welfare, i just hope the powers that be at city have learnt from the REAL MADRIDS of this world and that 11 superstars dont make a team, but i guess time will tell.

thing id like to know is, what is the point of a contract, if its true he wont even talk to us who does he think he is. were aston villa, we employ him, he cant just mug us off like that (assuming its true) fine theres not having loyalty but out of respect you dont do that to the club who technically rescued you from the championship and developed you into an england starter. if thi is true ill think a lot less of him as a man tbh. he has two years left on his contract, about time players were taught to honour them, i couldnt just opt out things im contracted to because i found a better offer. man city are ruining football, along with vulgar amounts of money and big headed players

thing id like to know is, what is the point of a contract, if its true he wont even talk to us who does he think he is. were aston villa, we employ him, he cant just mug us off like that (assuming its true) fine theres not having loyalty but out of respect you dont do that to the club who technically rescued you from the championship and developed you into an england starter. if thi is true ill think a lot less of him as a man tbh. he has two years left on his contract, about time players were taught to honour them, i couldnt just opt out things im contracted to because i found a better offer. man city are ruining football, along with vulgar amounts of money and big headed players

I pre-empted this about a hundred pages ago.

Yes, James Milner has a contract at Villa. Due to this, we need to give you money so that you will break his contract, which is exactly what a transfer fee is.

Villa can quite easily turn around and reject any offer, he has no buyout clause that I'm aware of. You can reject a £1 billion bid if you like, it's entirely up to Villa.

If Milner goes, it is because Villa have declared an acceptable value for him, which we thought was reasonable. This is why you haven't asked for £80m off of us.

I also find it shallow that City, a club who is bringing in hundreds of millions from outside the game, is ruining football, whereas clubs like Man United and Liverpool who are leveraged up to the hilt and have owners that are bleeding fans dry are somehow the new 'classy clubs'.

They are ruining football. Toure getting over £200k a week for playing 90 minutes a week, 180 if you include the Europa League?

That is over £2k a minute. Laughable. City might be able to spend their way to glory and all that, but the fact remains - everyone will remember how they did it. They went about pinching everyones best players and offering obscene amounts of money to get them into their already over inflated squad. That isn't class that smells of laughable desperation.

I have to say I doubt Milner is being offered the sort of deal Toure has reportedly been given. I suspect we can go to £100k p/w IF we see him as being that critical which is probably a thread in its own right. I suspect City would also not want to be seen to be overpaying for a still relatively unproven player as they appear (and I know its probably / certainly all media bollox) to be baulking at the possible price.

Milner will get much better money if he stays or if he goes to any other club. I suspect the more difficult decision is what is right for him footballing wise and I'm not sure City is the right call. Chelsea would be IMO. Barry unashamedly went for the money for all his talk of Chmpions League football. I don't see Milner doing that.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one Harry - there's been many rumblings that JM's heads been turned by the money...

I always held hope that Milner was a little different and wouldn't go for the money and forge a successful career here at Villa but I'm now resigning myself to the extreme possibility he's off.

As for going to another club, Citeh are the only ones who can afford our 'asking price' - Chelsea, Manure and the Arse will not spend that money on JM.

It'll be a sad day when this is put to bed and JM is paraded in a Citeh shirt.

(on a side note, Stuttgart fear losing Khedira for around £12m - we should get in there fast!!)