468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

Onuha is a part of the deal apparently

I was told we don't like players plus cash deals it has to be a straight cash deal . Not surprised us linked with him but think it will be a seperate deal if it's correct.

Why would that be? It doesn't make logical sense to me but maybe I'm missing something?

It strikes me as a good way of ensuring you actually get players you want rather than possibly missing out on them because a deal gets struck for them with another club. Can you elaborate on the reasons for our reluctance to do that way?

Because Villa think the values get clouded and if its 28 mill they don't want City saying here is 18 mill and 10 for Ireland as an example . They will leave the Ireland deal until after the Milner deal is done imo . However I think it could work for us with Davies Young and Keaneplus cash going in different routes again if thats correct .

What do you mean by this?

What it says they feel it clouds negotiations Villa will have a value on Ireland for example thats 10 mill City say he is worth 15 mill . But 2 months down the road no one wants Ireland for 15 his price drops to 10 even 8 as time runs out on the transfer window . City want Milner our fee is 28 or 30 and we don't budge so we are not going to let City say Ireland is worth 15 mill we lose 5 mill on the deal that way ! The tactics worked with dunne we paid what we wanted to pay if we had tried to get him with GB deal his value would have been 8 mill.

Its never as straighforward as we think but its how MON does his work he loves the cat and mouse stuff but in the end he tries to get value for his money .

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that seems a little silly of MON if you as me,is this the reason why we never really get real quality.sure if this is how we do transfers there is know way we'll get Ireland,someone else will have snapped him up.

Onuha is a part of the deal apparently

I was told we don't like players plus cash deals it has to be a straight cash deal . Not surprised us linked with him but think it will be a seperate deal if it's correct.

Why would that be? It doesn't make logical sense to me but maybe I'm missing something?

It strikes me as a good way of ensuring you actually get players you want rather than possibly missing out on them because a deal gets struck for them with another club. Can you elaborate on the reasons for our reluctance to do that way?

Because Villa think the values get clouded and if its 28 mill they don't want City saying here is 18 mill and 10 for Ireland as an example . They will leave the Ireland deal until after the Milner deal is done imo . However I think it could work for us with Davies Young and Keaneplus cash going in different routes again if thats correct .

What do you mean by this?

What it says they feel it clouds negotiations Villa will have a value on Ireland for example thats 10 mill City say he is worth 15 mill . But 2 months down the road no one wants Ireland for 15 his price drops to 10 even 8 as time runs out on the transfer window . City want Milner our fee is 28 or 30 and we don't budge so we are not going to let City say Ireland is worth 15 mill we lose 5 mill on the deal that way ! The tactics worked with dunne we paid what we wanted to pay if we had tried to get him with GB deal his value would have been 8 mill.

Its never as straighforward as we think but its how MON does his work he loves the cat and mouse stuff but in the end he tries to get value for his money .

Thanks for the clarification. :thumb:

I mean this bit:

However I think it could work for us with Davies Young and Keaneplus cash going in different routes again if thats correct .

I picked up on that today from another source Luke Young has sold his house and bought a house in London and DAvies is in the process of doing the same both want out and Spurs have made contact but no bid to date ! We are interested in Keane but again dealing with spurs aint easy Levvy is Doug with brains . Sunderland wanted his full back but he wouldn't budge on his value . I think we may have to do a swap with DAvies and Keane in some form because it might work for us but that purely my opinion

Sorry MM your post makes no sense to me, if Villa get say Ireland in the Milner deal then who cares what City want to value him at in the deal if Villa have the same net cash at the end of it. What you say sounds alot like my dad is bigger than your dad stuff from the school yard. Surely if MON wants a City player then it makes sense to have it as part of the deal as it ensures we get the player. We all know the fee is about 25-30M so if Ireland is in the deal and we get 15M then it doesn't take a genius to know what City value Ireland at, if they say they value Ireland at 20M then they just spent 35M on Milner. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding your explaination.

that seems a little silly of MON if you as me,is this the reason why we never really get real quality.sure if this is how we do transfers there is know way we'll get Ireland,someone else will have snapped him up.

I know what you're saying Fran but if someone else comes in for him then we have to match their bid, unless of course it's a top four club, then we're ****!!

Our competition for Ireland ? Liverpool aint got a pot to piss in Spurs and Arsenal not interested . Man United don't need him ! We believe we are in pole position with only Everton possibly our rivals . MON though thought he had got Distin in the bag only for Distins agent to go back on his word hence Collins signs so its risky aswell .

I understand it from both sides but i must say I'm in the it's a ridiculous ploy by MON if true in this case, but for all we know maybe MON wants the straight cash because he has bigger fish to fry? We never know. Also kinda gutted about L.Young and Davies, moreso actually fuming about L.Young. :(

I know what you're saying Fran but if someone else comes in for him then we have to match their bid, unless of course it's a top four club, then we're ****!!

but isnt it a little odd that we are always doing things at the last min,every summer its the final day of the transfer window.not saying we never get good players,but we never really bring in real class is it because the way our manager goes about it?.

I mean this bit:

However I think it could work for us with Davies Young and Keaneplus cash going in different routes again if thats correct .

I picked up on that today from another source Luke Young has sold his house and bought a house in London and DAvies is in the process of doing the same both want out and Spurs have made contact but no bid to date ! We are interested in Keane but again dealing with spurs aint easy Levvy is Doug with brains . Sunderland wanted his full back but he wouldn't budge on his value . I think we may have to do a swap with DAvies and Keane in some form because it might work for us but that purely my opinion

Surely Spurs being interested in Davies shows the lad has quality. It'll be a real shame for us to sell Davies. Wasn't his fee 12M? We chased him all summer too so shows how keen MON was on him. A swap for an ageing Keane is not a good swap at all.

but isnt it a little odd that we are always doing things at the last min,every summer its the final day of the transfer window.not saying we never get good players,but we never really bring in real class is it because the way our manager goes about it?.

No it makes perfect sense. Dunne for 8mil in June or 5mil in August? Martin holds out knowing they will not keep a player they don't want and will have to accept what we offer in the end.

Our competition for Ireland ? Liverpool aint got a pot to piss in Spurs and Arsenal not interested . Man United don't need him ! We believe we are in pole position with only Everton possibly our rivals . MON though thought he had got Distin in the bag only for Distins agent to go back on his word hence Collins signs so its risky aswell .

beside Ireland,if this is how we are going about things,i must say id be a little bit pissed off about it.seems a little bit second rate if you ask me.and who's to say liverpool wont have money,all it would take is to sell Stevie me or Torres.

Sorry MM your post makes no sense to me, if Villa get say Ireland in the Milner deal then who cares what City want to value him at in the deal if Villa have the same net cash at the end of it. What you say sounds alot like my dad is bigger than your dad stuff from the school yard. Surely if MON wants a City player then it makes sense to have it as part of the deal as it ensures we get the player. We all know the fee is about 25-30M so if Ireland is in the deal and we get 15M then it doesn't take a genius to know what City value Ireland at, if they say they value Ireland at 20M then they just spent 35M on Milner. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding your explaination.

nedster its down to timing MON says you want Milner and he wants to go valuation is 28 mill ! City say we will throw Ireland in for 15 mill MON says who said I wanted Ireland its 28 mill or he stays ! City sign Milner or withdraw interest weeks later no one comes in for Ireland City have a squad now of what 29 players can only register 25 Villa come back in and his value drops ! Thats how I think they see it .

to do a swap with DAvies and Keane in some form because it might work for us

How much cash do you think they would give us as part of the deal ?

Davies is just unfortunate that Collins has turned out to be so good. Davies is talented and young so he has a lot value, we need money and more importantly to free up wages so it makes sense to ley him go. We don't need 5 Centre Backs.

Mystery man - I'd love to know how you do it, honestly.

You come out with stuff that everyone already knows, and then you are hailed as this in the know genius

So, lets see from the last few pages

Man City are in for Milner

And if it happens we are looking at Ireland or Onouha

We would like Keane

Luke Young has sold his house

Curtis Davies is available and is attracting Spurs

Sorry mate, but every single person on here already knows these. I live in Hereford and even I know Luke Young has sold his house ! it was on the back page of the Hereford Journal gossip column about 6 weeks ago !

I'd really love to know your secret , coz people swear by you !

to do a swap with DAvies and Keane in some form because it might work for us

How much cash do you think they would give us as part of the deal ?

We'd need to be giving cash I'd say. Proven Premier League goal scorer, better goal scorer than has graced Villa park in over a decade. We'll need to give them a few mil