• No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would anyone take Barry and 18M for Milner

I'd prefer the full £28m tbh.

That values Barry at £10m, which I don't think he's worth. Hopefully MON could work some more magic in the window and get a younger Barry for the same money.

Barry's worth more now solely because of his contract. They only got him for that price from us because it was expiring. But yes I think I would take Barry + £18m. Not that I think we'd be offered it.

would rather have de jong and 18m. barry would never be accepted back i dont think by a majority of our fans

i would like some players we should ask for Richards, Bridge and Ireland in exchange for Milner... strengthens RB, LB and midfield

if not bridge, swp

Ireland + £18m would do me nicely. It would replace Milner immediately and give us some lolly to splash around on the fullbacks/strikers.

Ireland + £18m would do me nicely. It would replace Milner immediately and give us some lolly to splash around on the fullbacks/strikers.

I dont see how that would replace Milner immediately??

You don't see how replacing an attacking midfielder with an attacking midfielder would replace Milner? Granted, in some ways Milner would be better but in others Ireland is better. If you're looking for a clone you'll be looking a while. For me, it is a satisfactory replacement from an ability POV.

You don't see how replacing an attacking midfielder with an attacking midfielder would replace Milner? Granted, in some ways Milner would be better but in others Ireland is better. If you're looking for a clone you'll be looking a while. For me, it is a satisfactory replacement from an ability POV.

I would say that James Milner is far better than Stephen Ireland in far more areas of the game.

I really dont see what Stephen Ireland would offer that James Milner wouldn't?

i dont see how it wouldnt replace him,Irelnd on his day is as good as milner.

I would say that James Milner is far better than Stephen Ireland in far more areas of the game.

Milner isnt far better,id say Milner has more stamina than Ireland,but id say at creating goals Ireland is better and even as at scoring id say ireland is better..

Yes but how often does he have his day?? Not very often. You could say that he doesnt get much opportunity but ask yourself why? Hes not sat on the bench out of bad luck.

and people are quoting around 10million for this joker. And then quote 2 million for the players that warm our benches? Just doesnt add up. He hasnt done ought ever really, and certainly not recently

28 million worth of transfer fee?

28 million worth of transfer fee?

Not sure I follow???

The Milner situation is stalled, we have rejected their bid and until they get really silly he aint going anywhere but Villa. Milner will negotiate a new deal with Villa in th e next 2 weeks, probably a one or two year extension to his deal and a near doubling of his wages.

Man City will never be able to earn the type of money from turnover that will allow them to pay many more £220,000 a week contracts, they will have to sell in order to allow themselves to even get close to UEFA's turnover rule.

On Ireland? Forget him or any other city player coming to Villa, their wage structure is in a different league to ours and 99% of the other teams in the PL. Most of their fringe players will sit their inflated contracts out in order to get wages close to what they have now, when they leave on bosmans.

Milner is excellent at doing the basics. He is an extremely hard-working and intelligent player with no real weaknesses. He has great technique but he lacks an unpredictability and an imagination that can unlock a stubborn defence. Ireland has more natural flair to his game and is an equally gifted footballer. He is a little more attack minded too and would link better with the strikers. Remember that before last season's interrupted campaign, Ireland was running the show in a midfield surrounded by 'stars' and he was the best of them all. What Ireland lacks is Milner's commitment and professionalism, but frankly every player in the Premier League probably lacks in that area compared to Milner.

There will always be plusses and minuses to bringing in a player over Milner and we're years from replacing him with a Schweinsteiger, if we ever will. Ireland was in and out of last season's team as they changed managers and Mancini tried to find 'his' team. The season before was more representative of what he can do and he did everthing in that midfield that Milner was doing in ours last season plus more.

My concerns over Ireland were never about his ability on the pitch. They were always about his head and what's in it. But I'm prepared to hope that I'm proven wrong if we were to get him. And if we did get him then I'd like to think he had a thing or 2 to prove to the team that let him go.

Yes but how often does he have his day?? Not very often. You could say that he doesnt get much opportunity but ask yourself why? Hes not sat on the bench out of bad luck.

and people are quoting around 10million for this joker. And then quote 2 million for the players that warm our benches? Just doesnt add up. He hasnt done ought ever really, and certainly not recently

just because he's sat on the bench doesnt mean he isnt good enough,maybe the manager just doesnt like the fella,i dont really like him either tbh,but id snap man citys hands off to get 18m and Ireland.the year before last you wouldnt have put him and Milner in the same league he was that good,ask man city supporters what they think,just like Dunne im sure he'd geet a good review.

The Milner situation is stalled, we have rejected their bid and until they get really silly he aint going anywhere but Villa. Milner will negotiate a new deal with Villa in th e next 2 weeks, probably a one or two year extension to his deal and a near doubling of his wages.

:!: