Red Dead Redemption

PompeyVillan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

There is a now a new game in the series called Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare.

10285184-1288275103-267000.jpg

Across the vast Western frontier, a plague is spreading!

When former outlaw John Marston wakes up at his farmhouse, he finds a world gone insane: overnight, deranged hordes have overrun the towns and outposts of the American frontier. In a desperate attempt to save his family, Marston must traverse a world torn apart by chaos and disorder, using every skill he has to survive long enough to find a cure.

Undead Nightmare combines a terrifying single player campaign as well as the full suite of amazing multiplayer content for one of the biggest games of the year: Red Dead Redemption. Undead Nightmare is a standalone game that does not require a copy of Red Dead Redemption to be played.

And by using a discount code it can be had for just £13.37. Tempting...

:lol:

Completed this the other day, great game but slightly disappointed with the ending... Also the missions before the end are extremely tiresome. Still love roaming around the map though, I enjoy that the most. Especially around Tall Trees :D Will probably try get to 100% now and buy the expansions.

I have had this game for a few weeks and it's the first PS3 game to have me hooked since Oblivion. Still on the initial phase, about to make my assault on Fort Mercer, but really just enjoying riding around and shooting raccoons and taking my time.

I generally suck at games that have a high difficulty level but this one really feels perfect to me.

decided to go back to this and complete it 100% brilliant game loved almost every minute of it. I believe it has one of the best and bravest endings in a video game.

I thought the ending was superb, wasn't sure where they were going with it for a little while but then BAM :D Brilliant!

• 1 month later...

Keeping with my 'one year behind everyone else' approach to gaming, I've just started up on this. I'm about 9 hours in, taking the time to work through all the sidequests and as silly as it sounds, my favourite thing thus far has been hitching Captain Horsey (yeah, I named my horse 8)) outside the saloon in Armadillo, running to the balcony just above the hitching pole and vaulting over it straight onto the horse's back before trotting out of town with a swagger. Immense.

**** cougars, though. :x

**** cougars, though.

Haha nice post, horses are great in the game and the guys over at Skyrim were even impressed.

Cougars are buggers eh, I have 5.1 surround so I hear them more often than not, thank god for horses taking all the damage!

The Undead pack is good too and 100%ing it is pretty easy, ending is as much fun as any ending as almost of entertaining as Portal! (this was a triumph ;) )

Anyone play any multiplayer? I started but I was sick of spawn kills which even after a fix still didn't help me :(

thank god for horses taking all the damage!

I got so pissed off when I thought my horse had died. I wandered aimlessly for about 5 minutes and was so relieved that Capt. Horsey was re-incarnated upon whilstling that I cancelled my plans for a candle-lit vigil.

Last night I had to use dead-eye to take down a racoon. :oops:

I never found cougars a problem at all... surely you just ride past them? I lost my horse to them once just because I was messign about with them and didnt realise they were knawing at my horse.

And yea, the ending is great. The whole story line is probably the best ive ever seen in a game.

After I completed it, I decided I'd go and have a look to see if I could get revenge on the law. I read in the newspaper that the guy that killed me, w/e his name was, had retired and moved to a small house near a lake. I went to that house and found noone :(

There arent any follow on mission for the guys son to do are there?

Â