News story of the day

BOF

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Seems his daughter has been on the make again, making appearances seemingly on behalf of the Charity but pocketing the appearance fees.  Maybe not a technically illegal thing but unsavoury nevertheless.  I smell a grifter.

It does look dodgier by the day. She was receiving an £85k salary from the charity, and then on top of that being paid for appearances into a different account.

Maybe politics are more her thing?

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Seems his daughter has been on the make again, making appearances seemingly on behalf of the Charity but pocketing the appearance fees.  Maybe not a technically illegal thing but unsavoury nevertheless.  I smell a grifter.

Oh there is definitely some top level grifting going on, this from earlier in the month:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-66336470

It's what he would have wanted, to have his charity run from a spa built in the back garden

I have many many questions.... Just one of which is why is the guy in the multicoloured shirt so terrifying.

As large building machinery started arriving on the site of the Crooked House pub on Monday night, fears for the remains of the much-loved building grew – with locals wondering what might happen to it under the cover of darkness.

But one group of people used to staying up all night – the Black Country Paranormal Society – stepped in to guard the site perimeter and make sure all remaining bricks made it to the morning.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/aug/22/paranormal-society-nights-watch-crooked-house-pub-site

The Crooked House is gone I'm afraid, the time to guard the site was when the police, in their wisdom, released it back to the owners for them to immediately bulldoze it to destroy any evidence.

• Like 1

Oh my god’: live worm found in Australian woman’s brain in world-first discovery

Woman complained of forgetfulness and depression before doctors pulled out an 8cm roundworm normally found in pythons

It was a fairly regular day on the ward for Canberra hospital infectious diseases physician Dr Sanjaya Senanayake, until a neurosurgeon colleague called him and said: “Oh my god, you wouldn’t believe what I just found in this lady’s brain – and it’s alive and wriggling.”

The neurosurgeon, Dr Hari Priya Bandi, had pulled an 8cm-long parasitic roundworm from her patient, prompting her to call on Senanayake and other hospital colleagues for advice about what to do next.

The patient, a 64-year-old woman from south-eastern New South Wales, was first admitted to her local hospital in late January 2021 after suffering three weeks of abdominal pain and diarrhoea, followed by a constant dry cough, fever and night sweats.

By 2022, her symptoms also included forgetfulness and depression, prompting a referral to Canberra hospital. An MRI scan of her brain revealed abnormalities requiring surgery.

The roundworm specimen after being pulled out of the woman’s brain. Photograph: Canberra Health

“But the neurosurgeon certainly didn’t go in there thinking they would find a wriggling worm,” Senanayake said. “Neurosurgeons regularly deal with infections in the brain, but this was a once-in-a-career finding. No one was expecting to find that.”

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2023/aug/28/live-worm-living-womans-brain-australia-depression-forgetfulness

• 2 weeks later...

This could go anywhere to be fair 

Apparently last night and this morning, people have been missing their flights as airport security in and around London has tightened up. 

The rough back story is that he is a 6’2 guy who managed to escape Wandsworth, by using the kitchen staff uniform and he escaped by clinging underneath a lorry. 

It sounds like something you would do playing Hitman or Assassins Creed. He’s still on the run somewhere…

Oh and some believe he was apart of the British army too which makes the story even more interesting

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/daniel-abed-khalife-escape-wandsworth-prison-b2406494.html

Edited by Rustibrooks

3 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

This could go anywhere to be fair 

Apparently last night and this morning, people have been missing their flights as airport security in and around London has tightened up. 

The rough back story is that he is a 6’2 guy who managed to escape Wandsworth, by using the kitchen staff uniform and he escaped by clinging underneath a lorry. 

It sounds like something you would do playing Hitman or Assassins Creed. He’s still on the run somewhere…

Ex soldier, accused of terror offences. Should we put him somewhere high security like Belmarsh which is set up for this sort of thing?

Or should we put him in a lower category prison, and give him a job in the kitchen?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Ex soldier, accused of terror offences. Should we put him somewhere high security like Belmarsh which is set up for this sort of thing?

Or should we put him in a lower category prison, and give him a job in the kitchen?

You’d think they would have put him in Belmarsh or even Thamesmead not bloody Wandsworth.

It just also exposes how sentencing for certain things are a joke most of the time. Added in to the fact he’s a trained ex soldier that’s on the loose, he could be anywhere in Europe right now

And now Wandsworth are saying the prison is overcrowded and under-resourced and putting the onus on the government. Not surprised considering prisons have been under-resourced for a while now

However Wandsworth are still responsible. Do they not have staff checking vans thoroughly?

Edited by Rustibrooks
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Added in to the fact he’s a trained ex soldier that’s on the loose, he could be anywhere in Europe right now

Assuming he has contacts on the outside, to help him with change of clothes, disguise, false papers, etc. 

He's not going to get very far in his chef's outfit. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Assuming he has contacts on the outside, to help him with change of clothes, disguise, false papers, etc. 

He's not going to get very far in his chef's outfit. 

He shouldn’t in theory considering London has the most CCTV cameras in the Europe and are 3rd in the world behind 2 Chinese cities

8 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

He carried out the offenses he is accused of here in Stafford. Usman Khan the London Bridge attacker was also living in the town when he committed his crime. We are a bloody hot bed!

The crazy thing is, the London Bridge attack I was there literally seconds before it went down. 

I went on my lunch when I worked in London Bridge, I was deciding whether to go towards the station (near where the incident occurred) to get food or to go towards Liverpool St/the city. I decided to go into the City and I just heard loads of sirens. I didn’t think anything at the time because it’s London after all, but then my girlfriend, mum, mates and HR at work all called me asking me where I was and to get out of the area. 

It was pretty surreal

• Shocked 1

11 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

He carried out the offenses he is accused of here in Stafford. Usman Khan the London Bridge attacker was also living in the town when he committed his crime. We are a bloody hot bed!

I read somewhere that the whole of the Midlands is essentially under Sharia Law.

• Haha 1

Just now, chrisp65 said:

I read somewhere that the whole of the Midlands is essentially under Sharia Law.

It is. You go to Hednesford, it's like Mecca, non Muslims aren't allowed in, in the village of Seighford is the largest mosque in the western world, and in Meriden, you have to wear the burqa regardless of your sex. There are no go areas all over Bridgnorth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â