News story of the day

BOF

33 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Is it because when they're released (in UK Prisons anyway) many of them are just thrown back out there with no help or support in how to integrate back into society and many of them - because it's been so long - don't know how to, thus causing them to re-offend in order they can return to what has became 'their comfort zone' of society so to speak?

I’m sure there’s at least a part of that, but the point was making the prisons more horrible doesn’t have much of an effect as some keep going back to even the worst ones. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m sure there’s at least a part of that, but the point was making the prisons more horrible doesn’t have much of an effect as some keep going back to even the worst ones. 

On that point, is it notoriety/status in there? Who they know? Is it better because it's a doss?

But you're right, it's many other different factors combined.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

What's this with Ashton Kutcher. I don't understand. They keep saying he's written a letter of congratulations to the judge who sent down a rapist. 

How is this endorsing the rapist? Was it written in a sarcastic way or something? 

27 minutes ago, sidcow said:

What's this with Ashton Kutcher. I don't understand. They keep saying he's written a letter of congratulations to the judge who sent down a rapist. 

How is this endorsing the rapist? Was it written in a sarcastic way or something? 

I thought he wrote a character reference for the rapist who ended up being sent to jail for 30 years.

20 minutes ago, Genie said:

I thought he wrote a character reference for the rapist who ended up being sent to jail for 30 years.

Ooohhhh. It keeps being described as a letter of support to the judge. I've interpreted this as "well done you" to the judge hence my confusion. Seemed like a good deed the way it's being described. 

Oh my, a letter of support to a rapist.  That's a bit shit, what are they thinking? 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Ooohhhh. It keeps being described as a letter of support to the judge. I've interpreted this as "well done you" to the judge hence my confusion. Seemed like a good deed the way it's being described. 

Oh my, a letter of support to a rapist.  That's a bit shit, what are they thinking? 

I haven’t been following it but I assume (giving them the benefit of the doubt) they wrote a reference for the guy before all the evidence came to and it backfired.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

:crylaugh: 

bbc

Yes, I had a chuckle at that.

"It wasn't me that escaped, it was my stunt double, I've been in Wandsworth the whole time"

"I slipped and fell into a bedsheet that somehow got caught up in the underneath of a truck, when I regained conciousness, I had no knowledge of who I was. Then when my meory returned I found a bicycle and started to cycle up the canal back to jail."

• Haha 2

On 21/09/2023 at 11:18, bickster said:

Yes, I had a chuckle at that.

"It wasn't me that escaped, it was my stunt double, I've been in Wandsworth the whole time"

"I slipped and fell into a bedsheet that somehow got caught up in the underneath of a truck, when I regained conciousness, I had no knowledge of who I was. Then when my meory returned I found a bicycle and started to cycle up the canal back to jail."

He's good at critical thinking. Probably knows the moon landings were faked too. 

What the f...

Had a look on Reddit and they warned against looking for more details as it was absolutely horrific what he did to the dogs

A renowned British crocodile expert has admitted to 60 charges relating to bestiality and child abuse material.

An Australian court heard Adam Britton filmed himself torturing dozens of dogs until almost all died.

He would then post videos of the incidents online, where he also accessed child abuse material.

---

Much of the details of Britton's crimes are too graphic to publish, and so "grotesque" the judge warned people to leave the courtroom.

Chief Justice Michael Grant said he was concerned hearing the facts of the case could cause "nervous shock", before taking the rare step of excusing security officers and junior court officials, local media reported.

Britton had a "sadistic sexual interest" in animals since at least 2014, prosecutors told the court, and along with exploiting his own pets, he had manipulated other dog owners into giving him theirs.

----

In reality, he was abusing the animals in a shipping container on his property that had been fitted out with recording equipment - which the court heard he called a "torture room" - before sharing footage of his crimes online under pseudonyms

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-66920778

• Sad 1

Horrible story yesterday about a 15 year old girl who got stabbed to death with a machete/zombie knife/sword thing. The girl was with her friend when a 17 year old guy who the victims friend may or may not have been dating at the time went to attack the friend. The victim defending her and ended up getting stabbed in the neck during the day for everyone to see. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-66944779.amp

Police have been given an extra 24 hours to question a 17-year-old boy arrested over the fatal stabbing of a 15-year-old schoolgirl in Croydon.

The "much-loved" girl, with a "bright future", died after being attacked with a foot-long (30cm) knife on her way to school during morning rush-hour on Wednesday.

The boy, who was known to the victim, was arrested an hour later.

Firstly my condolences to the victims family, the victim and their family probably thought it would be a normal day and she’d go to school as normal. Now an innocent life has been taken because of some idiot. 

A lot of people are blaming the red pill (Sneako, the Tate bros etc)content that young lads consume these days. It’s so multi layered, there’s not one sole reason for this attack/attacks that are similar. Normally it’s a mixture of the parents/family, teachers, government and environment.

10 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Horrible story yesterday about a 15 year old girl who got stabbed to death with a machete/zombie knife/sword thing. The girl was with her friend when a 17 year old guy who the victims friend may or may not have been dating at the time went to attack the friend. The victim defending her and ended up getting stabbed in the neck during the day for everyone to see. 

Firstly my condolences to the victims family, the victim and their family probably thought it would be a normal day and she’d go to school as normal. Now an innocent life has been taken because of some idiot. 

A lot of people are blaming the red pill (Sneako, the Tate bros etc)content that young lads consume these days. It’s so multi layered, there’s not one sole reason for this attack/attacks that are similar. Normally it’s a mixture of the parents/family, teachers, government and environment.

They were saying in the news last night the male approached and offered flowers which were declined, then the younger girl was stabbed.

It might fit with what you’re saying he other girl was maybe dating him or had broken up with him.

Either way, it’s absolutely appalling that this happens let alone in broad daylight to a school girl.

6 hours ago, Rustibrooks said:

Police need to get hold of this, an parents need to have a big input, it's absolutely shocking, one of those zombie knives too.  What are these kids thinking, getting like a fashion accessory to carry I think.

Bloody hell 😢 

A 14-year-old girl and the driver of a school bus that overturned on the M53 in the Wirral have died, police confirm

Officers say they received a report at 08:00 BST that a bus had struck a reservation on junction 5 of the motorway

Eight other children were taken to hospital, with two remaining at Alder Hey hospital with serious injuries, according to the North West Ambulance Service

Calday Grange Grammar School and West Kirby Grammar School says they are supporting students and families after their shared bus overturned

The local council says its will be offering support to schools and the wider community

The M53 has been closed in both directions between junction 5 at Ellesmere Port and junction 4 at Bebington

link

Â