News story of the day

BOF

Guess this will be a movie before long (once the Hollywood strike ends). Or have they already make one? 

'Cocaine sharks’ might be feasting on drugs dumped off Florida coast, scientists say

Sharks lurking off of Florida’s coast may be eating bundles of cocaine dumped in the ocean by US-bound drug smugglers — and scientists want to find out.

With the massive amounts of drugs washing up on beaches and being pulled out of the ocean by authorities each year, marine biologist Tom Hird wanted to investigate whether or not sharks had ingested cocaine as part of a new TV series “Cocaine Sharks” — which will premiere during Discovery Channel’s beloved “Shark Week” next week.

In the program, Hird and University of Florida environmental scientist Tracy Fanara conduct a number of experiments on sharks off the Florida Keys, where fishermen have reportedly told tales about drug-addicted fish.

“The deeper story here is the way that chemicals, pharmaceuticals and illicit drugs are entering our waterways — entering our oceans — and what effect that they then could go on to have on these delicate ocean ecosystems,” Hird told Live Science.

https://nypost.com/2023/07/20/coke-jaws-cocaine-sharks-may-be-feasting-on-drugs-dumped-off-florida-coast/

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like one of the beach club gigs in Vegas, Wynn, Encore or Mandalay Bay at a guess, and to be fair, a lot of them are mimed, they are closer to PA's than concerts. 

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Found the clip, what a fraud 

If that hit me, i'd be rolling around on the floor like Neymar!

Then i'd call my lawyer :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

If that hit me, i'd be rolling around on the floor like Neymar!

Then i'd call my lawyer :D 

I’ll sue you for $20m or settle out of court for $2m, let me know what you’d like to do Miss B. 

• Like 1

Best headline in the history of The News. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-66415545

Joe Pasquale impaled in freak moose antler incident in Skegness

Comedian Joe Pasquale has said he is lucky to be alive after a freak moose antler accident during his latest tour in Skegness.

The comedian's show, The New Normal, features a number of props including the antlers.

Describing the incident, Pasquale said he had tripped and narrowly avoided stabbing himself in the stomach.

"As I'm starting to put all my props away and I literally trip over my moose head," he said.

"It was like Tom Cruise in the new Mission Impossible film," he said.

"Seriously, I [thought] I was going to die," he added.

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Genie said:

Two days a week isn't too bad. 

There seems to be another push on getting people back in the office more. The commercial landlords/pension funds must be applying the pressure again. 

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Two days a week isn't too bad. 

There seems to be another push on getting people back in the office more. The commercial landlords/pension funds must be applying the pressure again. 

I’m surprised theres still no pressure at all where I work to go back. I genuinely think it’s more efficient this way. 

Piss takers will take the piss regardless. Everyone else seems to be working hard, always contactable. Jumping from meeting to meeting at the click of a button rather than traipsing across the site.

If I lived closer I’d go in more often just for a change of scenery but I just can’t be arsed with the hour each way commute unless I have to.

21 minutes ago, BOF said:

Imagine how high his yelps were.

Imagine someone like Joe Pasquale not having a roadie to do that shit for him, sure he sets up and takes down all his stage props on his own

Whats that smell? Are we near a farm?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Imagine missing work for this.

"You're not going to believe this..."

And as it's the USA she probably decided against going to hospital because her health insurance would deem it an act of God, and the resulting medical bills would have put her in debt for the rest of her life.

• Like 2

On 30/06/2022 at 08:00, sidcow said:

Hmmmmm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-61986597

Inquiry begins into Captain Tom Foundation charity

On 30/06/2022 at 08:20, sidcow said:

Reading this further how the actual **** is it possible for a charity to incur £240,000 in costs and give just £160,000 to good causes?

Seems his daughter has been on the make again, making appearances seemingly on behalf of the Charity but pocketing the appearance fees.  Maybe not a technically illegal thing but unsavoury nevertheless.  I smell a grifter.

Edited by sidcow

Â